New to TB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Here's hoping, this 1st season has been quite drama filled. And fortunately not my DDs doing.
The unfortunate thing about TB, or youth sports in general, is that young adults under the age of 18 are required to have legal guardians (typically called parents), and these legal guardians sometimes attend said youth sports activities without remembering that these activities are supposed to be about the kids and not themselves...

Jun 12, 2019
I am from central PA but we played a few tournaments in western PA as well as Columbus, OH. Lots of good travel ball teams to choose from in that area. Welcome to DFP!

I would name the team she plays for currently to see if you are familiar with the Org but would prefer not to create an additional drama in the off chance they are also members here.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I would name the team she plays for currently to see if you are familiar with the Org but would prefer not to create an additional drama in the off chance they are also members here.

There are a ton of teams in that region. I'm definitely not familiar with all of them. But if the OP wants to send me a private message, I would be glad to provide any info I can.

Jul 3, 2013
We started our TB experience at the same age. She's in college now. There has always been some amount of drama. The big drama starts when someone can't take someone else's little drama and just has to say something about it.

"I love to watch you play." Say it often.

Jun 12, 2015
Travel ball is drama-filled. Our 8U year only had a little, 10U was worse, 12U was worse than that. We're almost at the end of 12U now. I keep reading it gets better as they get older and I think, when? 14U? 16U? I'm ready. But some teams definitely have more than others and you'll learn over time which parents to avoid, and I assume the coaches learn too, and stop taking them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45