New to IR - Pitches are coming in low and inside.. Need some insight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2019
DDs dropball is her "fastball", so if your DD can get that 12-6 rotation on the ball consistently then that's a very good thing, no matter what speed. Pretty soon that thing will fall off the table.

You need the brush contact for release, and the front side resistance to make it all come together. That sudden stop is key.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

She's not really firming up on the front side as much as I'd like. Her stride is good, but her front leg is a little weak to make that real sudden stop. Are there any good drills for front side resistance?

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I'm trying to have her stay tall through the pitch. I think she's actually under-rotational as the ball usually goes right (facing the catcher)

Her body is usually not stacked, that's what I want to achieve by standing tall.
Your thought process to stay tall is on track, but not detailed enough. Make sure she understands how to align her joints that'll prevent no collapsing in any way... Being over-rotational and allowing the catcher to see her right side deltoid (shoulder) muscle will create a list of potential issues. Things like missed brush, hinge forward at the waist, poor front side resistance just to name a few. Send me those video clips

Nov 8, 2018
Monkey butt or sticking your butt out on release is very common problem. It tends to come from old mechanics HE and fear of smashing the hip. That’s an IR mechanics problem. My dd did it for a long time. Now it’s Second nature. Takes time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 9, 2019
In five days DDs command has improved a ton! Stay tall and arm close to the body has really helped. Also been reminding her to turn the knob all the way through. The more I coach her the more I realize this is all indeed a journey! Thank u all for your feedback and assistance.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Glad to hear it’s coming together! Once her form is consistent? She should be able to put the ball into the zone with her eyes closed.

Turn the door knob?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28