New Suncoast Fastpitch bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
me being a moron seems to think any "stick" that it gives would take off exit velo from the ball.
See, there is the kicker. If you cut the ball, the extra spin will carry it more for you.
If you square it up dead nuts...i think that is where the bat will carry less than others.
Slowpitch is easy to cut...fp you dont have time to work around the ball. Thats why I wanted
to talk to some people there.
Its not like glue sticky...its more grippy

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
See, there is the kicker. If you cut the ball, the extra spin will carry it more for you.
If you square it up dead nuts...i think that is where the bat falters a little over others.
Slowpitch is easy to cut...fp you dont have time to work around the ball. Thats why I wanted
to talk to some people there.
If the bat doesn't perform as well when the ball is squared up I doubt surface roughness has anything to do with it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If the bat doesn't perform as well when the ball is squared up I doubt surface roughness has anything to do with it.
Hence why I said in slowpitch, lots of guys cut the ball so the bat performs. The grip barrel helps to spin more.

Not sure in fp this will work as well. Even had some slowpitch guys said when you square it up with no cut,
it will wont fly as long.
Not so sure Suncoast is going the right direction. Would like to see it without the spin tac

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Not following how this is a reponse to what I said which was
that basically that if the bat sucks in FP it probably has nothing to do with the roughness...eg the roughness isn't causing it to suck.
Thought you were saying the grippy barrel wouldnt help it carry (perform)...thats why I was saying sp guys cut
the ball more which does make the bat perform for a certain swing.
I just read your post wrong...going to fast.

I seen videos of girls hitting it, but of course, slow toss where they could make the barrel work. And they
only show from behind.

Jun 8, 2016
Thought you were saying the grippy barrel wouldnt help it carry (perform)...thats why I was saying sp guys cut
the ball more which does make the bat perform for a certain swing.
I just read your post wrong...going to fast.

I seen videos of girls hitting it, but of course, slow toss where they could make the barrel work. And they
only show from behind.
Yeah I was actually thinking they made the surface rougher (eg "sandpapery") but (after googling and watching the video) it is actually "tackiness"...go figure 😂 Still don't think that would have much of an effect (if at all) on a squared up ball ( the contact forces are going to be so high compared to any adhesion force) but I suppose it is possible.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah I was actually thinking they made the surface rougher (eg "sandpapery") but (after googling and watching the video) it is actually "tackiness"...go figure 😂 Still don't think that would have much of an effect (if at all) on a squared up ball but I suppose it is possible.
Yeah, I was trying to come up with a good term...grippy was the best I could...haha. Like if you turn a barrel in
your hand, it will rotate. If you hold the bat by the barrel with this bat, you can grip it so it doesnt move.

But yeah...I think they are kinda not thinking the whole thing thru for fp. Some hits it may work very well. But
all in all, I dont think this tech will work for fp bats. Especially if what I heard was correct that when squared up,
it takes away some distance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802