New Rawlings PROS204W-2BR (*cough*ANNASDAD*cough*)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
I won this glove and I feel a little bad even putting it on my hand. It’s certainly the nicest glove I’ve ever had on.

“A Rawlings.com Exclusive, this Pro Preferred Bruciato collection features a first-of-its-kind leather Rawlings Patches...”

f0ab32e84f4c2e3f49eddf35abf2d4df.jpg
49895bf335db150028e9e6e168a95b54.jpg
c390b91d339657f47808b9a4683d4430.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Congratulations!! Great pattern, obviously a rare / exclusive new Rawlings. I got to handle a Horween Pro-Level Pro204W (wing-tip) at the Myrtle Beach outlet back in June, obviously a 11.5” is too small, I posted then if this exact glove / pattern was offered in a 12.25”, it’d be my one and done, I’d sell all my other gloves!

I’ve got to say, I’ve never been over the top with the Bruciato, but in all honesty I’ve never seen or held one in my hands, so that’s not really fair to say! Maybe you could ship it to me for a week or so to change my perspective :cool:. And of course the leather patch and logo are a new touch, really classy! And of course, that gray split welting is always top shelf!

Why do you feel bad?? No money invested, man beat the snot out of that glove!! Congrats again!

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
What’s the MSRP on that glove?

$359.99, I think?

The solid color-way isn’t my favorite in ANY glove but it’s such an interesting “you won’t find this at Dick’s” glove, I was pretty excited about it. I like the wing tip a lot more than I thought I would. The sheepskin palm lining is a nice touch as well. I haven’t had my hands on many Pro Preferred gloves at all, so it’s a treat.

They make this glove in a 12.75 Pro H Web. If he’d had that one (I got to choose between the I-Web or the catchers mitt), I would have picked it and would already be breaking it in lol.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
A guy name Maverick over at SoftballFans won this same glove in 12.75”, a Pro303. On your 204, with the wide Wing-tip shell, it’s probably the biggest 11.5” glove I’ve ever held, it’s not a small glove! Does it have the Pittards lining? And yeah, this glove won’t be hanging on the wall @ DSG!

I agree with you on the monotone color, tan laces and the same color tan leather patches would definitely look better! If you’re not sure you want to keep it, you should have NO problem moving it!

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
... Does it have the Pittards lining...

...tan laces and the same color tan leather patches would definitely look better! If you’re not sure you want to keep it, you should have NO problem moving it!

Yep, it has the Pittards lining (pretty fancy).

I had the same exact thought about tan laces and patches. This would be a great glove to start a “glove vault” with but if I could flip it into a couple of the GOTM HoH gloves that I like, I might do it (even though Pro Preferred is “nicer”).

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’ve never owned a Pro preferred, or a glove with Pittards lining. Just old school, redneck, wrong side of the tracks Heart of the Hides, I’m sure that’s a super nice glove! I’m strictly down to exclusives (Don Morton’s and SBF), GOTM, and custom HOH’s. Just tougher less delicate gloves!

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
... Just tougher less delicate gloves!

That’s exactly where I’m at too. I coach 9 year old boys and 10 year old girls. I’d rather have gloves I won’t feel AS bad about using to put my knee in when I’m tying someone’s shoelaces (for the 700th time). The shop I won this glove through is supposedly about to start getting some Rawlings exclusives which could be interesting but I’m not sure how it’s going to work. I just like gloves. A lot.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
So if you were not to use this glove and sell it, what would you have in mind? HOH but what size, pattern, web, leather, etc? I’m pretty good at recommendations. But nothing retail, deal??

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Idea........if you don’t use it, sell it a little below MSRP to easily move it, and order yourself a custom through Chad at SoftballFans, they retail for $360, to forum members he orders and sells them for $300. You could own a Rawlings custom HOH and not have a dime in it. What a great idea, man you suck!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802