New radar app

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I just downloaded this app. It only cost a dollar to unlock all the features and stop the adds. It is different from another app I have which worked the same way as a stop watch. You have push the button to start and then push it to stop.

This new app has a pitcher in a box and you press the box/pitcher to start and hold the press, which creates a little vibration while holding the button down, and then you release the button as the ball hits the catchers glove. So you only push the button once at release, hold the button during ball flight, and then release the button when it reaches the catcher.

I like it better then the stop watch, or the stop watch app.

I’m using an iPhone.

It’s called, Pitch counter radar. Oh yeah you can count pitches as well.

Nov 4, 2015
I just downloaded this app. It only cost a dollar to unlock all the features and stop the adds. It is different from another app I have which worked the same way as a stop watch. You have push the button to start and then push it to stop.

This new app has a pitcher in a box and you press the box/pitcher to start and hold the press, which creates a little vibration while holding the button down, and then you release the button as the ball hits the catchers glove. So you only push the button once at release, hold the button during ball flight, and then release the button when it reaches the catcher.

I like it better then the stop watch, or the stop watch app.

I’m using an iPhone.

It’s called, Pitch counter radar. Oh yeah you can count pitches as well.

How has it worked for you so far?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
How has it worked for you so far?

I tried doing it off the TV and it’s hard to get the timing down. I used a stop watch style app off the TV with the same timing issues.

It has to be live or actually at the park to get It to work. I’ve used a stop watch before and I had Jugs Gun. It’s easy to get the timing down at the ball park. Since we aren’t doing anything softball related, it will be some time before I get to use the app. I do have a Pocket radar, so I’ll test the app against radar.

Oct 4, 2018
Once I got it down, however, it was consistently 46-48, which is really her range. I think it will be somewhat useful as a spot check once in a while.

Oct 4, 2018
I need to try it on someone else's kid. I stress way too much when mine is pitching.

I'll actually bring it along (well, how can I not? It's on my phone) to a scrimmage tomorrow. What I like is that I can sit there and use it with no one knowing.

Oct 4, 2018
I'll actually bring it along (well, how can I not? It's on my phone) to a scrimmage tomorrow. What I like is that I can sit there and use it with no one knowing.

I had to run Game Changer yesterday. Coach had 15 on the team and was subbing in and out liberally. I never got to use the app. But another game tomorrow and I'll let another parent do Game Changer so I can try out the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802