New member here a parent sent me

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2020
I was referred to The forum by our team mom. We will see where this goes. Former paid baseball player and current unpaid fastpitch coach

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Welcome

They keep a fairly good control of things and the vast majority of posters are polite.

Difference between softball and baseball might be a good 2nd post, have not seen that is a while.

Do not underestimate the players, learned that.

Jun 26, 2020
Welcome @thecat. What area of the coutnry are you in? Do you provide training or are you running a team (or both)?
Thank you all so much for the well wishes I appreciate it. I've never been big on internet forums, so it may take me a minute to get up and running. I'm a very busy boy

Seth I am in Arizona for the moment. More then likely I will be moving to Chicago or St Louis. Neither of which I'm looking forward to. I've been heavily involved with my ministry here, so who knows what will happen

I have a couple dozen collegiate athletes that I work with in softball, baseball, and in track. I don't charge for my services. I've been very blessed in my life and it's a great way of giving back. I ran track and played D1 baseball , got drafted, then managed to find myself in the farm system up to AAA. Never got to the bigs, got bored, and then played semi pro stuff until I got married at 34.

Right now I am considering starting a team. I've been asked for years but I only preferred to help or teach the coaches. Fortunately the coaches my girls played for didn't send them down a bad path. I guess I've always been around to prevent that. I'm just getting tired of seeing terrible coaching. (14-18yo) Unfortunately there's far more bad coaches than good.

I have to 17 year old twins that have had a lot of interest in being student athletes. 2 catchers and 1 3/4 pitchers. Who knows what the Lord has in store

Jun 26, 2020
Difference between softball and baseball might be a good 2nd post, have not seen that is a while

Well Quincy I may have to think on that a bit. I see a lot more similarities than differences. Maybe I'm just trying to find the similarities more than most. I will certainly put a lot of thought in it.

I find it interesting that the majority of players and parents don't realize that fastpitch was primarily a men's game until the late 80s or early 90s. They've done an incredible job building the sport. I can't think of the last time I've seen a men's fastpitch League up and running. Maybe I'm just not looking close enough.

My first squawking point would probably be the substitution/re-entry rule. That's pitiful. Also, it's a shame that coaches don't have the ability or don't care enough to develop pitching. It makes me feel terrible seeing a picture throw 4+ games in a row. It's too common. Baseball doesn't work like that

I will certainly put some effort forth and have others join in with their observations.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
Thank you all so much for the well wishes I appreciate it. I've never been big on internet forums, so it may take me a minute to get up and running. I'm a very busy boy

Seth I am in Arizona for the moment. More then likely I will be moving to Chicago or St Louis. Neither of which I'm looking forward to. I've been heavily involved with my ministry here, so who knows what will happen

I have a couple dozen collegiate athletes that I work with in softball, baseball, and in track. I don't charge for my services. I've been very blessed in my life and it's a great way of giving back. I ran track and played D1 baseball , got drafted, then managed to find myself in the farm system up to AAA. Never got to the bigs, got bored, and then played semi pro stuff until I got married at 34.

Right now I am considering starting a team. I've been asked for years but I only preferred to help or teach the coaches. Fortunately the coaches my girls played for didn't send them down a bad path. I guess I've always been around to prevent that. I'm just getting tired of seeing terrible coaching. (14-18yo) Unfortunately there's far more bad coaches than good.

I have to 17 year old twins that have had a lot of interest in being student athletes. 2 catchers and 1 3/4 pitchers. Who knows what the Lord has in store

The sport can use some good coaches. Hope the future move works out well for you and the family.

Any tips/resources for speed training; track in your response jumped out at me.

Jun 26, 2020
The sport can use some good coaches. Hope the future move works out well for you and the family.

Thank you very much Seth. I appreciate the well wishes. That was nice of you

I will most certainly follow up shortly. You can coach speed and quickness. I'll run down some pointers and hints as soon as I put my thoughts together. I'm always hesitant to coach when I don't know the audience

Jun 26, 2020

I just started a thread I'll follow up with some depth this evening. I hope it helps you and everyone else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802