New Member from Prairieville, Louisiana

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Hi Ladies and Gents,

My 7yo daughter mentioned she would like to learn softball (hopefully no more gymna$tic$ haha) and stumbled upon this great forum while looking for some softball info. Played and coached many years of baseball so hoping to learn what I can when it comes to the sport to be able to help her as much as I can. I have 3 girls (9, 7 and 2) so I'm sure she wont be the only one involved when its all said and done. Only lived in this area for 2 years now but from what Ive seen, they have a pretty good rec program going so we will see.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Welcome to DFP, JOHNN. There is a ton to be learned here from people who have seen every part of the game, at every level. :)

7 is a good age to start learning the game. Especially at the beginning, NOTHING will help her progress more than reps. Enjoy the ride!.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Welcome to DFP, JOHNN. There is a ton to be learned here from people who have seen every part of the game, at every level. :)

7 is a good age to start learning the game. Especially at the beginning, NOTHING will help her progress more than reps. Enjoy the ride!.

Thanks Eric. I think Im most excited about her still being at an age where everyone is still learning fundamentals, which is what was really instilled on me when I was younger. I also think that with her gymnastics background, she has developed alot of discipline in knowing she has to learn the very basics first before doing anything else. It'll definitely be a fun ride that's for sure.

Apr 25, 2019
Welcome....I am from just north of BR but my daughter's team is based out of Prairieville. She is a 12u player on the 007's. Lots of good info and people on this forum.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28