New Kobata DVDs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
I have his first DVDs, like them a lot. I see he has three new ones. Has anyone viewed them?

Specifically, is the team drills DVD the ONLY substantively new one?

Meaning: If I have the original two individual skills ones, are the NEW individual drills/skills ones "new" enough to warrant purchasing the new ones? Or should I just look to buy the new team one?

Hope that makes sense?

TKS

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
I have the 3 DVD set. I love them. I loaned out my old Kobata "tapes" years ago and never got them back so I finally purchased this set. It's been a while since I viewed the older version but some of the stuff on the new is updated versions of the older stuff. The team drills DVD is the one I got most benefit from.
Here is a list of the chapters so maybe you can compare with the older version.

Disc 1 is 1 hour 19 minutes long.
Chapter List:

1.Catching and Throwing
2.Quick Release
3.Pivots
4.Side Throws
5.Ready Position
6.Flips, Snaps and Hip Pivots
7.Inside Move and Backhand

Disc 2 is 51 minutes long
Chapter List:
8.Cuts
9.Short Hops
10.Throw Backs
11.Double Plays
12.Off Foot Throws
13.Fade away Throws

Disc 3 Team Drills is 1hr 17 min.
Chapter List:
1. small corners
2. large corners
3.basic approach
4.bunt
5.stride
6.large star
7.high pivot
8.2nd covering first
9. off-foot throwing
11. off foot full stride
12. power and off foot throwing
13. machine drills

Mar 12, 2009
I watched one of his clinics a team had him put on and it was fast paced but very good stuff! I think the videos would be a great purchase for anyone.

Jan 22, 2013
So Cal
I have his first DVDs, like them a lot. I see he has three new ones. Has anyone viewed them?

Specifically, is the team drills DVD the ONLY substantively new one?

Meaning: If I have the original two individual skills ones, are the NEW individual drills/skills ones "new" enough to warrant purchasing the new ones? Or should I just look to buy the new team one?

Hope that makes sense?

TKS

What did you think of the dvd's you have?

Nov 27, 2010
I bought them back in Sept or October. I thought they were very well put together. I especially liked the team drills DVD. It has helped our gym practices in that we get a lot more repetitions in a shorter time and smaller space using some of the things he does/recommends. I don't remember the cost ($90?) but I thought it was worth it. I mostly wanted it for the Team Drills portion which you can buy seperately for about $40 I think. It's about time I watch them again as I start making practice plans for 2013. Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802