New IR drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2019
Odd that they'd say that, I've never met Mr. Tincher or any of his coaches that I'm aware of. Perhaps they've based that off YouTube stuff.

Note that this was just one coach, I don’t know if Tincher himself knows of you.

But I think many good coaches study what others are doing and incorporate it. My daughter is doing the Amanda Scarborough course, and the coach I talked to was able to speak to the system Amanda is using when I talked to her. She also incorporates stuff from Wasserman and the Foot doctor as well.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
...my DD often finds a way not to pronate her arm. So I’m trying to find something that gets her to finish.

As @uncdrew already suggested, posture/FSR should be your priority. Brush is difficult without a stable and stacked torso. With brush, she will get a little more pronation, which shouldn’t be a focus. Good posture, brush and a loose arm will result in a natural follow through.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Why is the drill wrong? It's coming from a Tincher-trained coach that also pitched professionally for the Akron Racers.
One of the most important aspects in correct, safe, and efficient pitching mechanics is the sequence. I have to agree with the others here in not caring for this drill as it appears to be promoting an incorrect sequence as well as an over rotational approach. Being over rotational on advanced pitches like a rise for example will be extremely difficult if not impossible in achieving back spin.

Oct 4, 2018
I can't remember who I heard say it (though I think it's part of the Hillhouse Method), but doing drills just to do drills is not good. Sometimes (mostly on Facebook) someone posts a drill and then parents say they'll start doing it and forwarding it to others, etc. etc. Without understanding what the drill is correcting or if the girl even has the problem that the drill is trying to correct. Don't even get me started on whether or not the drill properly corrects the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812