New Guidelines For The Team ~ What will your team do? What to expect.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019
I think it's a very low risk of a ball getting the virus. The player would basically have to sneeze on it....Although I haven't hear anything about if sweat can transfer the virus.

Aug 25, 2019
Hmmm, maybe I should research things before posting questions.....No transfer from sweat:

Should I stop going to the gym?
As the new coronavirus is spreading, be cautious about all possible exposures, including at the gym or fitness center. The virus isn’t spread through perspiration (sweat), but items touched by many people (barbells, etc.) could pose a risk. In order to practice social and physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is best to avoid public places at this time.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
Hmmm, maybe I should research things before posting questions.....No transfer from sweat:

Should I stop going to the gym?
As the new coronavirus is spreading, be cautious about all possible exposures, including at the gym or fitness center. The virus isn’t spread through perspiration (sweat), but items touched by many people (barbells, etc.) could pose a risk. In order to practice social and physical distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is best to avoid public places at this time.
You need to know the viral infection dose and can that amount be present/transferred from contact with a ball.....or a batter/catcher/umpire....

Apr 1, 2017
Texting back and forth with coaches about practice plan. Came up with this...
bubble.jpg

Instead of all the what if's, I do look forward to actual reports from teams that start playing and what was done.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
I thought this post had a lot of good information to help put the guidelines into context and did not have a lot of overtly biased opinion. Makes me feel better about DD playing softball but worse about using the restrooms, flying to the big tournaments, and going out to restaurants while there but YMMV.

The very moment someone mentions the increase in new cases without mentioning the increase in testing, I must assume they have an agenda or are being intellectually dishonest. The real number is the % of new cases relative to the number of tests......which is declining.

As we start to get back to practice this week, I have searched high and low for any instance of known transmission outdoors from person to object (ball) to person. I can’t find one.

We are starting back up using many of the same protocols Triple Crown is endorsing.

Jun 6, 2018
Back to practice sounds great. What is the end game? Friendlies to keep the girls active yet safe or playing in tournaments? I know so many want to get back to tournaments but can’t imagine those go well with hundreds to thousands of people in the same place, using the same facilities, staying in hotels.

Aug 1, 2019
yeah probably just local teams no tournaments just because no way to keep it under 50 spectators. But still enjoy watching anything at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802