New Guidelines For The Team ~ What will your team do? What to expect.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Not a fan of either; I just use the style guidelines for whatever journal I am submitting to. If none are specified (like for say a grant application) I would just use the guidelines from a major journal in my field. Really, it doesn't matter as long as the reader can find the source.

Sagedr, O., and P. Attar. 2020. Effects of petty internet squabbles on post deletion and ban impositions by site moderators. Journal of Fastpitch Discussions 1(1) 1-12.

In APA Style (7th Edition), this would be as follows (dang, my hanging indentation won't "keep"):

Sagedr, O., & Attar, P. (2020). Effects of petty Internet squabbles on post deletion and ban
impositions by site moderators. Journal of Fastpitch Discussions, 1(1), 1-12.

Nov 5, 2014
I thought this post had a lot of good information to help put the guidelines into context and did not have a lot of overtly biased opinion. Makes me feel better about DD playing softball but worse about using the restrooms, flying to the big tournaments, and going out to restaurants while there but YMMV.

Aug 25, 2019
I thought this post had a lot of good information to help put the guidelines into context and did not have a lot of overtly biased opinion. Makes me feel better about DD playing softball but worse about using the restrooms, flying to the big tournaments, and going out to restaurants while there but YMMV.

Excellent article, thanks for posting.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Our team is practicing Sat. AM. Should be interesting. Here are the rules/guidelines:

• Provide your own hand sanitizer, mask, cleaner and / or any other PPE
  • · Restrooms will be open for hand washing
  • · Dugouts will be closed
  • · Players must hang equipment bags along the fence maintaining a 6 ft. separation
  • · Keep players separated per social distancing standards – 6 ft.
  • · Parents must maintain social distancing standards – 6 ft.
  • · 2 hour time slot includes warm up. No field access until prior team is off field and in their cars.
  • · Team must be off field and in cars prior to next start time.
Where did these rules come from? CIty? State? Park and Rec Dir.? Who is enforcing them?
They seem reasonable. But I cant stop thinking about the ball being the vector. But they will feel safe.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Everyone, once again a reminder that it's ok to disagree, but not to throw insults at one another. Also political commentary is not allowed, so no throwing shade at national, state or local politicians, parties, etc. The fastest way to kill DFP is to start posting political opinions.

Apr 16, 2013

While I think the writer's biases were made known in the first few paragraphs, that was an EXCELLENT article. For me, the big takeaway is: 1.) You're about as safe as can be outdoors at a softball tournament. 2.) The bathrooms are where you'll get in trouble. 3.) Port-a-potties, as gross as they are, are safer than a regular bathroom. It's the toilet/urinal flush that'll get'cha. 4.) Piling under that one person's big tent may be a bad idea too. Not for a few minutes of conversation, but hanging out between games for an hour or two... not so good.

Oct 14, 2019
Where did these rules come from? CIty? State? Park and Rec Dir.? Who is enforcing them?
They seem reasonable. But I cant stop thinking about the ball being the vector. But they will feel safe.

Seeing as how group gatherings are likely not permissible, teams are probably acting on their own.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Aside from the obvious necessity of breathing.
As an infectious posibility.

Surface to touch contact thoughts~
Befor starting warm-ups
Everyone wash/sanitize hands.
Then
How many times do players actually touch the ball in a game ?
Pitcher
Catcher
Fielders
1st base more so.

Have the ball sanitized befor an inning and pitcher and catchers hands.
This would limit whatever may be on the ball.

Imo the duggout and equiptment may be more concerning.
Hands touching fence, poles, whatever else.

The game/practice itself may not be as concerning.
Practice if necessary use seperate buckets of balls.
Spray sanitize in beteeen buckets if thats part of needed
protocol.

Considering some area's are mandatory masks and will be for quite some time.
Imo that in itself will be a difficult factor. Breathing hard, heat, sweat, fixing adjusting.
Thats a tough one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28