New Guidelines For The Team ~ What will your team do? What to expect.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Well what is interesting is how people will complain about certain things...
Yet will still show up and do as there told!
Like'n these guidelines or not!

Aug 6, 2013
Well what is interesting is how people will complain about certain things...
Yet will still show up and do as there told!
Like'n these guidelines or not!
That hasn’t been the case some places - like where the guard got shot because a woman didn’t want to wear a mask. I hope all of us are mature enough to either realize playing is important and we follow the set guidelines OR we decide it’s not worth our time and wait it out. Complaining is universal though, no matter what, lol.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Are guidelines and or recommendations enforceable? Who does the enforcing? Is there going to be the recreation police force? (the answer is NO)

Ok, I am going to make a prediction for So Cal. (and probably many other locals) There will be teams holding "unofficial practices " this weekend. Shorter than normal and maybe not the whole team at once and maybe with some attempts at social distancing. HC maybe mysteriously missing. Also, there will be teams scrimaging on May 16th or 17th. Probably just two teams early in the morning with AC or parent umpiring from behind pitcher. I have no inside information about this but I did see 7 girls that happened to be on the same team playing catch in the park. I think it was just by chance they were all there at the same time.
Also, once the Governor gives his OK, with His guidelines, the guidelines will be very loosely followed or enforced especially during friendlies. It is going to go back to (new) normal much faster than one might think.

Summertime is a powerful force.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Our team is practicing Sat. AM. Should be interesting. Here are the rules/guidelines:

• Provide your own hand sanitizer, mask, cleaner and / or any other PPE
  • · Restrooms will be open for hand washing
  • · Dugouts will be closed
  • · Players must hang equipment bags along the fence maintaining a 6 ft. separation
  • · Keep players separated per social distancing standards – 6 ft.
  • · Parents must maintain social distancing standards – 6 ft.
  • · 2 hour time slot includes warm up. No field access until prior team is off field and in their cars.
  • · Team must be off field and in cars prior to next start time.

Oct 14, 2019
I have noticed that many Florida teams posting on the various Facebook pages are beginning to hold practices/tryouts. I know that Phase I of the reopening in Florida still prohibits groups of ten or more, so I guess that these teams are going to have the players try to stay 6 feet apart so that a practice is not a “group”. No specific provision allowing youth sports is included in the Phase I guidelines. Interesting.

May 27, 2013
I’ve just got to say that I love coming here after a long day at work. The amusement I get from some of the stuff posted here definitely helps relieve the stress. Thanks, DFP, you never seem to disappoint! It was a nice, brief break from reality. 😆

May 12, 2016
Not even allowed on a playground, sports field, school yard etc in Canada, ON. Even if you are the only one on the field. Police are fining those who do not obey.

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016
The discussion is soooo riveting.

I was hoping you guys would start discussing whether the Modern Language Style of citing references was better than the Chicago Style.

Not a fan of either; I just use the style guidelines for whatever journal I am submitting to. If none are specified (like for say a grant application) I would just use the guidelines from a major journal in my field. Really, it doesn't matter as long as the reader can find the source.

Sagedr, O., and P. Attar. 2020. Effects of petty internet squabbles on post deletion and ban impositions by site moderators. Journal of Fastpitch Discussions 1(1) 1-12.

Jun 8, 2016
Not a fan of either; I just use the style guidelines for whatever journal I am submitting to. If none are specified (like for say a grant application) I would just use the guidelines from a major journal in my field. Really, it doesn't matter as long as the reader can find the source.

Sagedr, O., and P. Attar. 2020. Effects of petty internet squabbles on post deletion and ban impositions by site moderators. Journal of Fastpitch Discussions 1(1) 1-12.
Nice..another paper for my CV!!

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas

Best laugh of the day...

Reactions: NEF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802