New Guidelines For The Team ~ What will your team do? What to expect.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2017
Nobody likes a spotter. LOL People touch their face much more than one might think.
At some point we are going to be taking the fun out of it. Maybe 18u teams could do this but what about the 8u team?
I've noticed since this thing started just how much I touch my face. Sitting at the office, it's almost non-stop that my hand is resting on my chin or forehead. I've given up trying to stop doing it.

Aug 6, 2013
Friends and family are both important. Interesting how folks will prioritize them!

My students & families are sharing similar chats on this.
I know not doing high fives at lessons will be a habit to break.
In consideration of families different decisions will maintain guidelines as folks will choose different priorities.
I don’t mean to say friends aren’t important, however, I was referring to high risk people like her grandparents and at risk family we see. As it is now our only friends where we live are on her softball team besides the people we may see at work. Hubby is working at home and I am the only person in my office everyday as most are working remotely as well.

Aug 2, 2019
Would those guidelines keep your dd from participating in her age bracket because you think its hard to do?
Or just not want to participate because there are guidelines?

Agree youngest age group may be most difficult.
10u less learning curve to it.
12u and up more easily adjust.
Remember schools and indoor facilities will also apply guidelines.
The dandelion thing could still be an issue in 12U for some. Just sayin.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
I've noticed since this thing started just how much I touch my face. Sitting at the office, it's almost non-stop that my hand is resting on my chin or forehead. I've given up trying to stop doing it.
If you've washed your hands and now at your desk....not an issue. Shake hands with 20 people then sit at desk...might have a n issue.

I'm in same boat. I realized how many times i touch my face. Exactly hand resting on chin and then the occasional DOH forehead to palm. :)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
The dandelion thing could still be an issue in 12U for some. Just sayin.
Could be.
Lets hope Coaches at all levels can
facilitate a practice thats more entertaining than a dandelion :)

🌻👍 ENJOY !

May 7, 2015
SoCal
If I was in charge, this would be my recovery plan.

1. two weekends of practices with the team divided into two.
  2. two weekends of full team practices.
  3. two weekends of sat team practice, sunday double header against one other team.
    1. each team checks temperature of each player prior to games and a simple handwashing station in the dugout
    2. home team uses home team balls, away team uses away team balls. Balls changed out / wiped down after every out (at umpire time).
  4. two weekends of regular friendlies, comprised of 6 teams or less
  5. small tournaments, no changing of complexes, no snack bars. all normal social distancing practices followed. (NO CHANGE TO HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED)
Seems like if we all do a phased restart of the process, there'd be ample time to step back if # of cases spikes, etc.

Oct 14, 2019

3. two weekends of sat team practice, sunday double header against one other team.
    1. each team checks temperature of each player prior to games and a simple handwashing station in the dugout
    2. home team uses home team balls, away team uses away team balls. Balls changed out / wiped down after every out (at umpire time).
  5. small tournaments, no changing of complexes, no snack bars. all normal social distancing practices followed. (NO CHANGE TO HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED)
Seems like if we all do a phased restart of the process, there'd be ample time to step back if # of cases spikes, etc.
I think we all are going to have to realize that the virus is among us and that we should continue to take all available precautions while opening up society. A vaccine is a long way off, if it ever comes at all. We should slow down if the hospitals become overwhelmed, but there has to be a recognition that some people are going to be exposed to the virus and those with symptoms or positive tests will need to be quarantined. It will be interesting to see if one positive test is enough to shut down the reopenings of various sports leagues, whether professional or youth. If so, we may never get back on track.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal

How is that even remotely possible? The batter, catcher and ump are in violation always. And every player will be in the box during the game. What happens when the runner steals 2nd and the SS falls on top of the runner? Happens almost every game. You can not practice social distancing and play softball. Let's stop pretending we can.
The choice is much more binary. Play softball at risk or wait for vaccine.

Oct 14, 2019
How is that even remotely possible? The batter, catcher and ump are in violation always. And every player will be in the box during the game. What happens when the runner steals 2nd and the SS falls on top of the runner? Happens almost every game. You can not practice social distancing and play softball. Let's stop pretending we can.
it’s not possible. i bet we could come up with at least 25 examples during game play where the players, coaches and/or umps are closer than 6 feet.

the 2009 swine flu had an r nought lower than coronavirus and it still infected over a billion people worldwide. we have a long road ahead of us and it’s not possible to hide.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
@rollinghard
You do realize this is risk mitigation?
Lessoning risk, not neccessarily getting rid of risk.
Glad you "liked" JayW post regarding continue taking precautions.
Hope your dd team can start atleast practicing soon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802