New gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Couple of new gloves to comment on.

1st Glove custom Vinci Pro Limited.
I would say it’s comparable in quality to Rawlings HOH, Wilson A2000. Good padding, good quality kip leather, average weight.

Waiting to have laces switched out so haven’t been able to start breaking it in yet. Vinci screwed-up on colors. They are making it up by by letting us keep this glove and making another one at no charge.

2nd Glove Wilson A2000 catchers mitt. Not a big Wilson glove fan but I will say I like this glove. Good quality, good design, Super Skin is a plus on the back of glove, weight is good on the lighter side. Have applied glove conditioner and just started breaking it in. As a side note Super Skin doesn’t need to be conditioned.

Apr 28, 2019
When I
Post up some pictures

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
actually
Post up some pictures

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE

When we actually get the glove we ordered I will. The colors are all off on the Vinci. It’s blonde and rich brown but not in the correct areas. The laces were supposed to be rawhide but instead they used bright Syracuse orange. The laces gotta go!
I would go with black or brown laces but DD wants white to compliment the white Vinci name on fingers and her name is also in white.
So to keep things real simple and avoid any confusion the new glove will be all blonde with blank accents.
The A2000 is Black & White. I just couldn’t walk away from the price. $110 for what is supposed to be the best Fastpitch mitt.

Apr 28, 2019

I would say it’s comparable in quality to Rawlings HOH, Wilson A2000. Good padding, good quality kip leather, average weight.

Waiting to have laces switched out so haven’t been able to start breaking it in yet. Vinci screwed-up on colors. They are making it up by by letting us keep this glove and making another one at no charge.

2nd Glove Wilson A2000 catchers mitt. Not a big Wilson glove fan but I will say I like this glove. Good quality, good design, Super Skin is a plus on the back of glove, weight is good on the lighter side. Have applied glove conditioner and just started breaking it in. As a side note Super Skin doesn’t need to be conditioned.

I had the standard Vinci laces

I had the standard Vinci laces replaced today. I had it done due to color but the person doing the relacing pointed out something to me.
The Vinci laces were thin and brittle compared to the upgraded Rawlings/Tanner laces. Much better quality lace.
I would suggest anyone purchasing a Vinci glove to upgrade if possible before delivery.
Not sure if this is common or not but the guy used five packs of laces in this glove. The only area that wasn’t changed was the heel due to it being difficult to get to. Guy was crazy busy and had the glove back to me the next day. Said he would do the heel later in the season if we really wanted it done.
The white lace looks much better than the bright orange by far!!! The little bit of orange in the heel adds a little contrast and is fine for now.

Apr 28, 2019
Good move on using different (Tanner) lacing in that Vinci.

AD gave me
Good move on using different (Tanner) lacing in that Vinci.

AD gave me a heads-up on the Vinci stock lacing not being that good. When you put the two side by side you can really see the difference.

Disappointing that Vinci would cut corners on something as important as the lacing. I would expect their best materials for the LTD and Optimus Series.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Disappointing that Vinci would cut corners on something as important as the lacing. I would expect their best materials for the LTD and Optimus Series.
Been screaming this forever, maybe people will listen to you? So you went with white lace? Because of the dying process expect them to get soft quicker than normal.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2016
Virginia
Great post. Looking a lacing a 2 year old Vinci. What size Tanner lace would you recommend (1/4 or 3/16)?

Attachments

• E3450A4B-3874-4A05-8907-8024961A48ED.jpeg
    E3450A4B-3874-4A05-8907-8024961A48ED.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 26
Apr 28, 2019
Not sure what size was used. Thhe
Great post. Looking a lacing a 2 year old Vinci. What size Tanner lace would you recommend (1/4 or 3/16)?

Not sure what size was used. The Rawlings/Tanner are much wider & thicker than the standard Vinci.
I will defer to AD on this one.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Both! My rule of thumb is 1/4" for the web, upper web spiral, and fingertips.......3/16" everywhere else. Tan will look awesome with that black Vinci, you are going with tan............right??

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449