New glove opinions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
More than once, I have ordered multiple gloves from JBG, and sent back the ones my DD didn't like. No problems.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Looking a tad bit dry inside Dandan, man you'd be surprised how good that color combination would look with some good old school tan laces!;) Tan with black & blonde look great!

Attachments

• j9A8I57.jpg
    j9A8I57.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Apr 6, 2017
It's pretty grubby, I'll spend some time with it this winter. After next season I might send it off for a cleaning and relace. I like the tan annasdad!

Jan 8, 2019
I just picked up a Rawlings GG Elite 12.5 DICGGE125BW from DSG (sale from $150 to $100) for my 12U DD who I'm hoping will continue to play after rec ball this year. Only found this forum last week, and very likely would have made a different decision based on the threads on the forum had I found it sooner. ANNASDAD, do you know anything about this glove? I figure if she continues to play, we would upgrade then, but did I blow it on this one? Also, do you know if the Surf City or Lexol will stain the white/gray leather (I figured it would at least darken it). Our sporting goods stores are very limited where I am, and rushed to get something to have time for breaking it in before evals in two weeks. Thank you for all of the excellent info you have been posting!!

Feb 13, 2015
I figure if she continues to play, we would upgrade then, but did I blow it on this one? Also, do you know if the Surf City or Lexol will stain the white/gray leather (I figured it would at least darken it).

You did not "blow it" with this glove. My DD likes this glove as much as her Liberty Advanced gloves. She has a LA catcher's mitt and 11 3/4 fielder's glove for pitching. We bought the 12 1/2 GG Elite for center field, but she also uses it at short stop.

She has never had a truly high end glove. We enjoy shopping for and buying a new glove every couple of seasons. The heart of the hide and other high end gloves will last a lifetime.

Lexol did not stain her's. Her GG has had one season of use, (about 20 percent of her playing time) she mostly catches. The AL fielder's glove, in the picture, has 2 seasons of use when she was 11 and 12. The discoloration on it are from dirt, not Lexol.

719d432a24a1598c5ba956ba1f9fdf57.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I just picked up a Rawlings GG Elite 12.5 DICGGE125BW from DSG (sale from $150 to $100) for my 12U DD who I'm hoping will continue to play after rec ball this year. Only found this forum last week, and very likely would have made a different decision based on the threads on the forum had I found it sooner. ANNASDAD, do you know anything about this glove? I figure if she continues to play, we would upgrade then, but did I blow it on this one? Also, do you know if the Surf City or Lexol will stain the white/gray leather (I figured it would at least darken it). Our sporting goods stores are very limited where I am, and rushed to get something to have time for breaking it in before evals in two weeks. Thank you for all of the excellent info you have been posting!!

One of my DD's had a Rawlings GG Elite 12.5 for a while (until it became a chew toy for a new GS puppy) and really like it. Served her very well at 12U.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28