New Glove 14U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2019
Hey guys! I’m needing a little help. Seems as if i have stumbled upon the perfect place. My kiddo is 14 and I’m looking to buy her a new glove. She usually plays 1st or 3rd. As a single momma that never played, I have very little knowledge about this sort of thing. She loves the game and her current glove is worn smooth out!

Jul 25, 2016
Without knowing your actual price range, I'll point out that All-Star currently has last years System Seven gloves on closeout. They have both a utility glove for third base (FGS7-PI) and an actual first base mitt (FGS7-FB) on sale. These are very nice quality gloves that will require some break-in time before they can be used in a game.

Jun 12, 2019
Without knowing your actual price range, I'll point out that All-Star currently has last years System Seven gloves on closeout. They have both a utility glove for third base (FGS7-PI) and an actual first base mitt (FGS7-FB) on sale. These are very nice quality gloves that will require some break-in time before they can be used in a game.

I’m looking to spend around $300. I’d like to get something she could use anywhere IF.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
The Rawlings outlet in Myrtle Beach has something on sale that she could use at 3rd for $160 (Rawlings HOH Pro206-6JTB that is normally $260) and then you'd have money left to look for a mitt she could use at 1st base. There was an 8-or-so page thread around here somewhere recently. They will do the purchase over the phone and ship it to you (they don't charge shipping). It's a very easy process.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2015
Sorry to say but you’ll need two gloves if you want to do it right. There’s a reason there is a 1b mitt and they do benefit the position. At 3b I’d be looking at 12” gloves. The All Stars mentioned above would be a good combo and only run you $250

Apr 28, 2019
Hey guys! I’m needing a little help. Seems as if i have stumbled upon the perfect place. My kiddo is 14 and I’m looking to buy her a new glove. She usually plays 1st or 3rd. As a single momma that never played, I have very little knowledge about this sort of thing. She loves the game and her current glove is worn smooth out!
It boils down to your budget and how much softball your daughter plays. Is she a rec player? travel player? both?
There are many nice gloves for under $100 by many different makers.
Some gloves come ready to use and others require significant break-in time.
There are many good websites such as Softball/Baseball Savings, HQ4Sports, Softball Fans, Direct Sports, Softball.com Cheap bats, and many others.
I always look for the most expensive glove at the lowest price after I do my research of course. If I can get a $200 glove for $50 or a $100 glove for $50 obviously the $200 glove is the better buy.
If your looking for specific gloves you really can’t go wrong with any Rawlings, Wilson, Easton, or Mizuno.
It’s just a matter of which model you prefer and how much your willing to invest.

May 22, 2013
Vinci makes some really good gloves at a good price. I’m sure there is a rep on here that can help you out.

Aug 30, 2014
Central Ohio
I’m looking to spend around $300. I’d like to get something she could use anywhere IF.

I would check out 44progloves.com. Bought my daughters glove from there 2 years ago and very happy with it. Can customize colors and such. Father’s Day sale right now going on for 20% off yet today. Could get both gloves custom made for under your price limit. Good luck in your search. To second another post you want different gloves for 3rd and 1st.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28