New Englands finest

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2016
Can anyone who has done this tournament in the past give me a rundown of game schedule. Is it five showcase games, or 3 plus double elimination etc? Also, your experience of duration (if not bracket play, do games spread over entire period to keep teams in hotels?
Any insight would help our family plan for this event.
Thanks, D14

Jun 11, 2012
This is up in my area. DD played in it numerous years.
Most years we had a schedule of a Friday game, 2 Saturday games and 2 Sunday games. Once we had a Thursday night game and then played Saturday and Sunday but usually only local teams play Thursday.

Apr 28, 2014
Lots of MAAC teams were there when we went in the summer. Think Marist, Monmouth, Rider, Saint Peter's. We also saw Hofstra, Central Connecticut etc.

May 27, 2013
To tack onto BT‘s post also saw some of the Ivies (Harvard, Dartmouth), and several of the Nescac and Newmac schools, both in the summer and fall showcases.

Jun 7, 2016
Vertigo,
That info may come in handy after Dec 20. Should get 1st SAT scores Friday. Should provide clarity on whether those schools are relevant for us.
Do you know how far, travel time, into Boston? I probably will compel a visit to a least one school in the area, even if not yet on the list.

May 27, 2013
Vertigo,
That info may come in handy after Dec 20. Should get 1st SAT scores Friday. Should provide clarity on whether those schools are relevant for us.
Do you know how far, travel time, into Boston? I probably will compel a visit to a least one school in the area, even if not yet on the list.
I have not personally ventured into Boston while there for the showcase but it’s about an hour. If you are into beer and have the time a trek to Trillium or Treehouse is a must!

Jun 11, 2012
Vertigo,
Boston is about an hour depending on which field complex you end up at. Depending on which school you are going to look at it might be worth parking at a T station and taking the subway in. Boston area traffic is horrific most days.
DD is in the city (we’re about 35 minutes northeast of the closest New England’s Finest field) and it takes me anywhere from 45-90 minutes door to door and I never go at rush hour

Feb 8, 2019
Dont forget your proximity to RI- several good schools there and excellent seafood! Ive lived my whole life in New England but didnt discover RI until 5 or 6 years ago!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28