New England Regional Thread to spread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
NJ, PA, DE are not part of new england, generally referred to as Mid Atlantic (along with MD, sometimes NY).

Apr 11, 2016
Agree. Trying to figure out why PA is considered New England in this forum...

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
A few years ago I mentioned the same thing about Texas being included in the same Region as Hawaii. Noone seemed to understand what I was talking about. So I gave up. Southwest/West Region. It makes better sense for Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Oklahoma to be their own Region.

Oct 10, 2018
The city (NYC) definitely more of a mid-Atlantic state but upstate (the rest of it) New England. I live here and it's always been referred to as a Mid-Atlantic state.

Apr 28, 2019
Mass, Conn, Rhode Island, Maine, Vermont & New Hampshire are New England States.
NY, NJ, PA etc... could be considered East or Mid Atlantic.
Would make sense to label them all“East” for category purposes. Not sure why it’s necessary to differentiate New England from East. Possibly a numbers thing to break-up the country for events like All American Games and such.

Jul 31, 2015
Grouping CA in with TX, AZ, NV, NM, HI is odd, given the concentration of teams in CA and TX.
Seems like CA and TX should be their own categories.
Or maybe group them together - two states united in their love for softball. :p

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Generally speaking the original goal was to divvy things up to create a few regions so people could either advertise for players or talk about things that affected them locally. We didn't want to create too many regions to be technically correct because that section would become even more unwieldy than it is now. We just chose some arbitrary names and figured listing the states would help people find where they fit in. For better or for worse, we made some assumptions on where people in one state might travel to play in another. Not a perfect system but then what is?

Outside of tryout season they're not used a whole lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802