New Easton catchers gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 2, 2012
Has anyone tried the new Easton Jen schro gear yet. Was wonder daughter wears all star shin guards but always get a bruise near her knee from the clips.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I haven't heard much beside Jen Scho's hype about the legs and chest. I hope they have improved Easton's durability issues. The helmet is a Pro-X with (what appears to be) slightly different padding. It's a big step up from the previous Prowess/M-series helmets.

All Star just announced a similar looking set with a "designed for women by women " set. It has the similar looking chest protector to the Easton set.
DD is asking for new catchers gear for Christmas. Hers is about wore out. I wish the Easton came in a graphite color like the All Star gear does. I can't see the white gear staying very white long lol.
My DD prefers the All Star shin guards but complains of her helmet bobbing up and down some no matter how much adjusting we've done to it. So I'm a little skeptical to get another full set of all star gear. We tried on the Pro-X mask and it fit much better. She really liked it....just would be nice to avoid black if we can.
Might end up doing S7 Axis legs and chest with a Pro-X or Jen Scho mask.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
All Star just announced a similar looking set with a "designed for women by women " set. It has the similar looking chest protector to the Easton set.
DD is asking for new catchers gear for Christmas. Hers is about wore out. I wish the Easton came in a graphite color like the All Star gear does. I can't see the white gear staying very white long lol.
My DD prefers the All Star shin guards but complains of her helmet bobbing up and down some no matter how much adjusting we've done to it. So I'm a little skeptical to get another full set of all star gear. We tried on the Pro-X mask and it fit much better. She really liked it....just would be nice to avoid black if we can.
Might end up doing S7 Axis legs and chest with a Pro-X or Jen Scho mask.

The AS helmet doesn't fit my DD very well, either. She's been wearing the Pro-X helmet with AS chest and legs. Most recently, the AS chest has been replaced with a Wilson ProMotion. She loves the comfort of the ProMo chest.

White chest protectors get a little orange-y pretty quick, but I still think it looks sharp. They are also washable.

Jun 14, 2018
We are in the process of upgrading DD's equipment. As of now she has the Promotion chest and the Schutt AirMaxx hood. When it comes to legs I figure I will buy a few pairs at first then let her try them on. The one she likes best stays the other goes back and then I order one set at a time and which ever she likes stays and the other goes back. I figure this will take awhile!

Apr 28, 2019
Has anyone tried the new Easton Jen schro gear yet. Was wonder daughter wears all star shin guards but always get a bruise near her knee from the clips.
Not sure about new Easton gear but Diamond IX5 has easy on/off plastic clips that we like.

Apr 16, 2013
I think my biggest question would be, Is there anything better than the old ProMotion stuff? I honestly don't know what the high end of gear is. I have no idea if my DD's gear will last another 2 years, but I hope it does. LOL It's just so good, I still don't get why it wasn't continued/improved upon.

Apr 28, 2019
I think my biggest question would be, Is there anything better than the old ProMotion stuff? I honestly don't know what the high end of gear is. I have no idea if my DD's gear will last another 2 years, but I hope it does. LOL It's just so good, I still don't get why it wasn't continued/improved upon.
I would say All Star is probably your high end gear. I like the helmets.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
My DD just got the new Jen Schro gear, used it for 1 tournament and a couple weeks of practice. Just did shin guards and chest protector, as she really likes her current helmet. Seems to really fit nice and shin guards have lots of extra padding and added protection around lower legs. White is super sharp (already not bright white). She really likes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802