New Easton catchers gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
My DD just got the new Jen Schro gear, used it for 1 tournament and a couple weeks of practice. Just did shin guards and chest protector, as she really likes her current helmet. Seems to really fit nice and shin guards have lots of extra padding and added protection around lower legs. White is super sharp (already not bright white). She really likes it.
thanks for the feedback, we will probably be looking for shin guards in next year or so for DD (currently RAwlings), current CP is boombah (gray) and helmet is Schuut airmaxx (white), she loves both, and I think we may try the Jen Schro even if pricey for leg guards, as I want to get nuetral/light colors, so she can use it in HS (and hopefully MS as well, rumour they might add BB and SB to MS this year) as well as for whatever TB team she is on.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD uses Prowess Chest Protector and Easton baseball shins which I cut the double knee off. These have been the best shins she’s owned. Still wears a youth LS helmet. Her head is so tiny! College freshman.

Aug 26, 2019
I’m curious for those that got this.. was the size in each item correct in the box? Ive now opened two boxes of fundamentals gear ordered from 2 different places that had the wrong size items from what the box says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 30, 2018
Just received a Set of the Easton "Very Best" gear. The small was just about perfect for my DD. DD measured 11" from collar bone to waist and 11" from knee to ankle. Really like the three way connection with three adjusters on the back of the chest protector. One of the adjusters is on the vertical strap on the back which allowed me to shorten it up to fit my DD. Easton lists the small chest protector as a 14" on the website, but it was smaller than a Schutt 12". Really wish they did the side straps differently. They way they are done I can get it as tight as she would like. There is an easy fix though. I plan on folding the strap over itself and stitching it together. Should get it just right and it is really easy to cut the stitches in the future to put it back to the original length. I also really like the rubber grips all over the front. In theory should help grab and slow down any spin on the ball to help keep the ball from rolling away. Will have to see how useful it is in reality. The 12" leg guards are a touch long for her, but she said they were way more comfortable and have way more protection around the legs than the Rawlings youth 11.5" leg guards. The helmet also has one vertical and two side straps which made adjusting very easy. The chin pad is a bit different than the All-Start, Rawlings, and Diamond helmets she tried on. The chin pad on the Easton has a bit of a cup to it that wraps a little under the chin. All the others had a "V" shaped chin pad that only touches the sides of the chin. Diamond helmet was a close runner up for fit and comfort. I really like the way the padding is done on the Easton. Has a layer of soft comfort foam over several layers of varying density impact absorbing foam. The impact absorbing foam felt just like the foam I'm used to seeing in the cockpit of race cars for absorbing impacts. Off to practice to use the gear in anger for the first time.

Jul 21, 2017
Has anyone tried the new Easton Jen schro gear yet. Was wonder daughter wears all star shin guards but always get a bruise near her knee from the clips.

I know this is an old post but We just ordered about 8 sets of gear -Mizuno (men and women’s), all star 7, Wilson, Rawlings, Easton prowess (what she was already wearing, got it for $100 on baseballsavings.com & will use it for practice gear) and the Jen schro gear (small and medium). I wanted to do a straight out of the box review for the Jen schro gear but she tried it on too quickly.

My daughter is 15-5’3 & a lean 125. She’s little. She loved the prowess gear, but we were duct taping the leg straps by the end of summer. Still comfortable and easy to use. She liked the chest guard of the Mizuno gear but the legs were a little too big, liked the helmet! The new medium Easton gear was her favorite hands down. Good feminine fit, user friendly, she can easily adjust everything herself. She loved the soft padding on the leg straps. She appreciated the fit of the helmet, felt safe but comfortable. Was not a fan of it saying “Jen Schro” everywhere. The motivational messages are probably fun for 12u, But goes unnoticed or even eye rolling for the older girls. You can tell the gear was thought out and executed well. She will use her prowess gear for extra practices and save the good stuff for game days.

Mizuno was a 2nd runner up and to be fair she didn’t try on the intermediate. Might have been a close competition. The rest she barely got passed the legs or helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2013
I know this is an old post but We just ordered about 8 sets of gear -...

Thank you for such an awesome explanation and going through the trouble of ordering that gear!

I still wonder what will be for my DD after her promotion stuff wears out. Her FX helmet is still going strong, bought it for her 4 years ago. She's taken some big blasts off her lid that had people checking on her and she was truly unaffected. Umpires checking her while you could tell she was a little agitated because she couldn't so much as tell she even got smacked in the face. She's also not the average girl size. She's basically a body builder, with large legs but a much smaller waist. She orders large in pants and they stretch over her thighs but she has to sinch her belt down otherwise her pants would fall off her. The promotion stuff has fit wonderfully.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478