New coach wants to straighten arm

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2015
Is this going to be her HS coach?
Where does she rank with the pitchers?
Is P her main position or is she a UT player that also pitches?

I think the answers to those questions will go a long way to how you establish the expectations of the coaches giving pitching advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will not be her Highschool coach she will possibly play against this coach when she gets to highschool. Normally dd plays ss if not pitching because she has a strong arm. But has a good stretch and scoop at 1st. I give her lots of outfield popup practice. Also has a consistent bat bounced 1 off wall at last practice but mostly base hits in the grass. So she is a pretty versatile player. This team sought her out because they needed another bracket pitcher we didn’t go looking for them. She will be top 2 pitcher on team. They have a pretty good pitcher on the team but only 1 and 2 younger pitchers. I have to work during the times they practice which helps me not interfere so at this point Im letting dd communicate with the coach if they are teaching something different than normal I&R . I told her she can try anything they ask her but if it’s not making her better we will talk about that part when we get there. We are not against learning but small adjustments can lead to big changes scared this straighten arm at 12 is going to be a negative adjustment.

Sep 28, 2015
This will not be her Highschool coach she will possibly play against this coach when she gets to highschool. Normally dd plays ss if not pitching because she has a strong arm. But has a good stretch and scoop at 1st. I give her lots of outfield popup practice. Also has a consistent bat bounced 1 off wall at last practice but mostly base hits in the grass. So she is a pretty versatile player. This team sought her out because they needed another bracket pitcher we didn’t go looking for them. She will be top 2 pitcher on team. They have a pretty good pitcher on the team but only 1 and 2 younger pitchers. I have to work during the times they practice which helps me not interfere so at this point Im letting dd communicate with the coach if they are teaching something different than normal I&R . I told her she can try anything they ask her but if it’s not making her better we will talk about that part when we get there. We are not against learning but small adjustments can lead to big changes scared this straighten arm at 12 is going to be a negative adjustment.

Ok so it is her TB coach only and she is a top 2 pitcher on the team. Good deal.

As a parent of a pitcher you can’t be passive on how and where your DD gets her pitching instruction.
Every situation is different so be respectful of what they can offer and point that out but make clear who is teaching her pitching mechanics. The best time to figure it out is over a team lunch during a tournament weekend where you can let him/her discuss general coaching approach to managing pitchers.

Bottom line is you can’t ask her to change mechanics because the coach today has an idea/ suggestion and then again on the next coach.

I
Ok so it is her TB coach only and she is a top 2 pitcher on the team. Good deal.

As a parent of a pitcher you can’t be passive on how and where your DD gets her pitching instruction.
Every situation is different so be respectful of what they can offer and point that out but make clear who is teaching her pitching mechanics. The best time to figure it out is over a team lunch during a tournament weekend where you can let him/her discuss general coaching approach to managing pitchers.

Bottom line is you can’t ask her to change mechanics because the coach today has an idea/ suggestion and then again on the next coach.

just posted a video “13yr old pitcher analysis “ if you see any flaws help is appreciated

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478