New batting helmet- anything new to consider in the last 6 months or so?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
DD needs a new batting helmet. Any new feedback or news on any of the main brands in the last 6 months or so, since the last thread about them? I'm concerned about safety 1st, visibility 2nd, and a distant 3rd would be weight, I guess.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Back in the old days ( :rolleyes: ), I always liked Rip-It helmets but Anna swears that Mizuno helmets are better in every way! There's many other brands out there we haven't tried but just never got the chance. Anna took several shots to the head this year and never blinked!

Her TB org and HS both used the same Mizuno rep / distributor, that may have something to do with it? ;)

Jul 3, 2014
Inland Empire
Both my DDs' travel team used SCHUTT and their high school use Mizuno. Both are good helmets and my DDs' say they're comfortable & the facemask on their helmets provide a good field of vision.

Dec 11, 2010
One really nice thing about Schutte is the availability of replacement padding. For either wear and tear or better fit. And it’s REALLY simple to do.

I used to think Rip-It was only way to roll but they have all got better. DD had a Demarini that wasn’t half bad either.

May 29, 2015
I did a Google search hoping to provide you with a link to a decent article ... DON’T DO THAT. The first three articles I found were full of BAD advice and incorrect information. (Don’t like the face mask? Just change it out! NO! Make sure your helmet is approved by ASA, NSA, or NOCSAE ... AAAHGGHHHH!)

Aug 3, 2019
Bought Demarini and RIP-it for our team in April. Rip-IT seemed nicer out of the box but was more money. All the Demarini fabric on the pads came off within a month or 2. Demarini said it was policy not to replace under warranty because it was a cosmetic thing. Maybe me really like the RIP-its more. Eventually got them replaced.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Back in the old days ( :rolleyes: ), I always liked Rip-It helmets but Anna swears that Mizuno helmets are better in every way! There's many other brands out there we haven't tried but just never got the chance. Anna took several shots to the head this year and never blinked!

Her TB org and HS both used the same Mizuno rep / distributor, that may have something to do with it? ;)

Do you know what model Mizuno helmet?

Oct 4, 2018
Our team used Demarini this entire past year and all are holding up so well we'll use them this year too.

Apr 6, 2017
Bought a Demarini from amazon. It’s been good. It’s a strange color of grey and was priced cheap. Amazon has deals if you are open minded .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449