New batting helmet- anything new to consider in the last 6 months or so?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
she gets to pick her own? normally, on TB teams DD has played for, the team buys one brand / style / color pattern for entire team.

i will say she really likes her current Rawlings (picked by spring TB team), and also really liked the Schutt helmet that she had from 2018. this is mostly a fit thing with her.

not certain if it relates, but she and DW and I all love her Schutt catchers helmet. she has taken several FB dead on the cage, she never bats and eye, even on a couple that really concerned DW and I at first. really like the two different density paddings in the Schutt BH as well.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
she gets to pick her own? normally, on TB teams DD has played for, the team buys one brand / style / color pattern for entire team...

One of my frustrations with her organization is the lack of continuity/uniformity in gear and uniforms. That should be changing soon with some new leadership taking over, hopefully.

May 6, 2015
One of my frustrations with her organization is the lack of continuity/uniformity in gear and uniforms. That should be changing soon with some new leadership taking over, hopefully.

sounds like it might be good opportunity to provide some input, ie maybe ask them to poll players/parents what helmets, pants, etc. they like. I know DD is very picky about her pants, and really likes one particular brand (I am actually big fan of telling girls you will need X, Y, and Z color pants, but let them choose what works for them).

I know on one team in particular, HC pretty much went cheap in the team gear that was issued to girls (and included in our costs), would much rather he have consulted us first, as we would gladly have paid difference to get say better helmet and better bag for DD (a catcher, and when a HC who was not a C and their DD is not a C, they generally pick a catcher's bag based solely on price and color).

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
DD needs a new batting helmet. Any new feedback or news on any of the main brands in the last 6 months or so, since the last thread about them? I'm concerned about safety 1st, visibility 2nd, and a distant 3rd would be weight, I guess.

Epic Sports has some Schutt helmets on closeout right now. I just bought my daughter a helmet for under 3 bucks. Helmet, mask, chin strap, and shipping came to 23 bucks

May 29, 2015
NOCSAE is the stamp you're looking for. ASA/USA rules require the NOCSAE stamp.

I’m aware of that ... apparently the authors of the very poorly written articles were not. More than one contained that wording.

But hey, if you wrote it in the Internet, it’s true and you’re an expert.

[Looks in the mirror] Oh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariafermin279