New bat recommendation for slapper

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2019
DD, 15-years old, 5'3 ~130. Converted full time to lefty two years ago and has been using the 2018 DeMarini CFX slapper 32-22 since (and loves it). But... showing signs of wear and may be time to put it into softball bat pasture.

She bunts, soft slaps, and power slaps. Not a home run threat. Will work on swinging away this upcoming season. Appreciate recommendations as to what is out there as well as appropriate length/ drop.

Nov 10, 2018
My DD uses the Power Carbon last year with lots of success. She’d occasionally use her LXT as well.

This year she move to the Ghost Advance. Initially I was worried that it being heavier and more end loaded she’d struggle, but she’s adjusted well.

Jun 11, 2012
DD Is 19, a college sophomore, 5’5” and about 120, she swings a 33/23 Ghost. Before that it was a 33/23 Xeno. She slaps and hits for power

Nov 10, 2018
-10 normally, but the Ghost and Ghost Advance are heavy so went with a 33 drop 11, with wrapper off it was 24 oz.

Oct 5, 2018
If she "loves" the slapper, then may be best to stay in the demarini family. Nothing will swing as light as the slapper except a (-11) demarini or (-10) CF Extended (a slaaper with goofy adjustable knob and grip wrapped normal way...cheap now). Though the regular (-10) CF would probably be a good fit as well.

I forget th Rawlings Quatro Pro balanced is also a light swinging bat. Not very popular it seems.

LXT and Power carbon would be next closest in terms of swing weight, but are a step up.

32 or 33 seems reasonable, whatever comfortable with.

The ghosts are about as different from the slapper as you can get.

May 22, 2019
And I've heard/ read that the -10 Cf is a good equivalent. Question in my mind would be to check out the 33/23, even tho she is only 5'3", but to get that extra plate coverage; or, 33/22 to make it a touch lighter; or, no difference in sticking with a 32/22.

Much easier picking out what clothes to wear to work, lol.

Apr 26, 2015
DD used to swing a slapper. She now swings a 33/23 Xeno. Loves it. She hated how quiet the slapper bat was and loves the sound of the Xeno. She is 5'7" and about 105. She bunts, slaps (soft, hard and power) and hits away - hasn't put one over yet but has been close on more than one occasion!

Oct 23, 2013
Chicagoland
When my DD started slapping lessons at 14 yo she was 5'3" ~118 lbs.
1st thing coach did was move her from 32/22 to 34/24 bat for more plate coverage.
This moving up to 34" probably depended on her swing speed. (She also told her to start lifting)

She loves the balanced feel of the LXT and the control she gets with it.

Each kid is different and some slappers actually preferred an end loaded bat.
As far as length goes, i'd go as long as she can still swing well...

Best bet is to find a way to tryout some different style/length/weight bats and have someone trusted critique her swing. I would tend towards longest she can swing well. DD really likes extra length and I even think the "sweet spot" is larger on the longer bats...lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478