New bat recommendation for slapper

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 4, 2018
NorCal
34/24 Demarini Zen can be had for $150 including tax on Team Express’ ebay store. Several manufacturer’s use ebay to clear out items which include full warranty receipts.

May 29, 2019
The OP sounds like it was made about my DD, haha. My DD is same height, weight, but one year older. Plays all facets of the slap game.

Long story short, slappers do not need any special bat. It's all about confidence with barrel control.

Longer version of the story: DD always swung Demarini's since the CF7 days, and would rotate from the -11's to the Slappers as she went up in weight. When she got to the CFX, her bat seemed to be a dud. The CF Zen was fine at first, but then seem to just suddenly die. Since the last two Demars left a bad taste in her mouth, she went looking to other brands. The Ghost swung too heavy, and she just didn't like something about the Rawlings and the LXT for some reason. She really likes the Power Carbon. She says it swings very much like the Demarini's, and is hot like the Ghost. Right now, her bag as a 33/23 PC and an almost brand new 33/23 CF-9 Slapper in it. I wish I would have bought a couple more of the CF-8's and CF-9's when you could get them for practically nothing. At some point, she is going to revisit the Ghosts since she is committed to an "Easton" college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802