New Bat Purchase

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 18, 2018
I've been out of the game for a year now and am just getting back into it again this year. I am curious what bat people are recommending for power hitters. I have always swung Easton but I am not interested in the Ghost line due to them seeming to have durability issues. I am not interested in constantly sending in a bat to be replaced. Right now I am swinging an older orange Easton Mako.

Jun 11, 2012
There are far more Ghosts without problems than there are Ghosts with problems. You just hear about the bad ones. Same with every other bat made. People are far less likely to post a positive review than a negative.
That being said is there anywhere local to you where you can go swing a few different bats?

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Its all gonna come down to feel/stiffness and weighting (balanced-end load). What do you like about your bat? what dont you like? I buy my daughter end loaded bats and she hates them lol, she likes a heavy soft felling bat. Big time power hitter. Her faves are the LXT and the Ghost advanced. Doesnt like the Xeno or the FNX. But thats a personnel choice. Try to get to a shop that has lota to swing, and try them all lol

Oct 4, 2018
There are far more Ghosts without problems than there are Ghosts with problems. You just hear about the bad ones. Same with every other bat made. People are far less likely to post a positive review than a negative.
That being said is there anywhere local to you where you can go swing a few different bats?

Well stated.

My two DDs have been using the Ghost Advanced for just over a year. Hundreds of hits on each bat. Zero issues.

Both are power hitters. Both love the bat.

Xeno and RXT are their back-up bats and have both produced very nice game hits.

Aug 20, 2017
Ghost will last if taken care of. Use new one in BP some then only use in games. Try not to hit beat up softballs, dimple balls or weighted balls with it. Warm it up in the sun (balls too) if temps are around 50 degrees. Don’t hit it if temps are well below 50 degrees. Don’t let dads “try it out”. Don’t hit infield/outfield with it. It will last a few years

May 20, 2015
yup, like others have said, ghost's are fine

DD's returned (2) 2018's total......one had a legit crack, the other had a chunk out of the rubber at the connection that we warrantied just to keep an umpire from tossing it.....

DD#1 had a 2018 that we just sold, still going strong.......she is on her 14th month with an Advanced that lasted all of travel season last year, and from october-feb this year's weekly practices, used for everything but dimples......it is now a gamer only, and we picked up another new one to use for practice (since it has a warranty) - she has an lder LXT for cold weather/cage

DD #2 retired her 2018 last season as a backup, used it for a full travel/school ball season and then practice last year; she swung the 2020 last travel season, and both are still going strong

Apr 18, 2018
Thanks everyone for the replies. Unfortunately I dont have anywhere local where I can go and try out a bunch of different bats. I was just hesitant to purchase a ghost given all of the negative I have heard regarding its durability but the Easton Ghost or Advanced would be my preferred bat. Normally I would prefer a bat that is more balanced versus one that is end loaded.

May 20, 2015
Drop 9 LXT for power hitter. Ghost Advanced is a great bat if you are strong enough to swing it.

the newer versions seem to be coming out much closer to sticker.....i need to put our new one on a scale vs the original version

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802