New Bat Purchase

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
Thanks everyone for the replies. Unfortunately I dont have anywhere local where I can go and try out a bunch of different bats. I was just hesitant to purchase a ghost given all of the negative I have heard regarding its durability but the Easton Ghost or Advanced would be my preferred bat. Normally I would prefer a bat that is more balanced versus one that is end loaded.

don't sleep on the mantra.....no first hand experience......yet

May 20, 2015

ghost advanced......earlier ones were coming out a good bit over sticker, even for eastons.....i'm hearing the newer ones are coming in line with normal easton weights - an ounce or so over

LXTs have always been close to sticker, yes?

Apr 9, 2020
can't go wrong with either lxt, ghost, they have all gremlins and potential issues, we just starting using mantra as the weather here is starting to warm up to use some of the newer gear, use older in winter as weather seems to play havoc on durability of any brand

Apr 28, 2019
ghost advanced......earlier ones were coming out a good bit over sticker, even for eastons.....i'm hearing the newer ones are coming in line with normal easton weights - an ounce or so over

LXTs have always been close to sticker, yes?
Yes closer to sticker than Ghost. More evenly balanced and .5-1oz over weight on average. Not 1-2oz over like a Ghost.
Easton’s have always been overweight.
The Adv was supposed to be a lighter bat to compete with LXT from what I understand.
That’s why it’s release was delayed multiple times due to it being too heavy.

May 20, 2015
yeah early advanceds were sometimes pushing 2oz over sticker

core is saying the new ones he's getting in are running as low as .4-.5 over.....which for an easton is very light, traditionally you expected an oz over sticker across the board

interested to bring DDs two into school and drop them on a postal scale.......she loves the old one that we got january 2020, want to compare it to the one we just got end of feb this year just for kicks

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
There are far more Ghosts without problems than there are Ghosts with problems. You just hear about the bad ones. Same with every other bat made. People are far less likely to post a positive review than a negative.

Thank you...glad I didnt have to say this again :)

Plus, not to mention, the same person going on 50 forums and complaining...hahaha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812