New All Star Mitt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Congrats on both purchases...let us know how the break in process goes and how she likes working with that catchers mitt. We've been holding off on getting the same mitt only in a better color combo. I really wish they'd do the same black and tan combo that they use in the System Seven (then she'd match her sister while running the battery)!!

Jun 24, 2016
Three days of playing catch and she said she can almost close it without it hurting to squeeze. Will continue to throw every day. Hopefully it will loosen up a little in a week or two.

Jul 5, 2017
The All Star mitts and gloves are very nice and a welcome change over the normal brands. We’ve had plenty of their professional catchers mitts and outfield gloves. One of our first turned into “dads” because I ended up catching her more and more and personally I love it. Turn the finger good into an extra later for padding. Also finger shifting over can help a ton to some. Play around for what works and best of luck!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Question here - is the new All Star AF-Elite Series Mitt (CMW3001) the same glove as the All Star Vela Pro 33.5" Catchers Mitt (CMW3000) only a new model year with different color schemes and graphics? Are there any fundamental differences in pattern, sizing, leather/lace or palm pad quality? I kinda like the old version better from a strictly visual perspective.

Yes AD, I know they both have the same beautiful finger hood. ;-)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yes AD, I know they both have the same beautiful finger hood. ;-)
Dang, you took the only answer I had! :rolleyes: I haven't had a new AF-Elite in my hands before so I can't make any real comparisons, other than colors I can't imagine they'd be a big difference in the pattern? But I've been wrong before..........

Jun 24, 2016
And I only have the new one so I can’t help either. It is very nice though. Still breaking it in. It’s starting to close a little easier.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
So after considerable debate, consternation and paralysis by analysis we ordered the older CMW3000 today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802