New 2020 Pitching Rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
I'll certainly let her know to simply not worry much about her left foot, as it can be just about anywhere. She currently only has her toes on the rubber but I'll be sure she knows it doesn't have to touch. Perhaps it will end up in the ideal position as she's in the zone.

Every few games she gets so in the zone and just mows down the opposition, and gets faster/stronger as she goes. Next time she hits one of those grooves I'll check where the foot is. Like any semi-smart parent, I pretty much keep my mouth shut when she's in the zone.

You will see people teach BIG gaps between legs (the men especially) but I don’t find it comfortable. I’m prob about10-20cm behind the plate but I couldn’t tell you asi just don’t think about it.

May 29, 2015
You will see people teach BIG gaps between legs (the men especially) but I don’t find it comfortable. I’m prob about10-20cm behind the plate but I couldn’t tell you asi just don’t think about it.

You hit on the key to the whole thing: comfort.

I’ve been a bit amused by threads on the new pitching rules ... the rules don’t require anything new. So why mess with mechanics that have worked for you (your pitcher)? Sure, there may be a few pitchers who adapt and gain something, but they will be few and far between.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802