Negative attack angle

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2021
Blast have descriptions for all their metrics available. It will tell you what each number is and for many there are associated drills to help improve on the number. In conjunction with researching those I suggest find a hitting instructor in your local area for help rather than referring to social media for help with your daughters hitting. Not saying you were given any bad or incorrect advice here but do you really think people on social media can diagnose a swing issue with the few short video clips provided? And your going to take advice from strangers you don’t know? Would you do that at the field? If some random person came up to you and said your daughter needs to fix A, B and C in her swing would you take their advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 20, 2017
The goal for dads on here should be to learn how the best players swing and try to apply that to DDs. You can get great input on this forum. The blast metric drills aren’t very good imo, But hey, they are the professionals. It’s a crapshoot when trying to find a local hitting instructor. The ones in our area aren’t very good. Same with pitching

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The goal for dads on here should be to learn how the best players swing and try to apply that to DDs. You can get great input on this forum. The blast metric drills aren’t very good imo, But hey, they are the professionals. It’s a crapshoot when trying to find a local hitting instructor. The ones in our area aren’t very good. Same with pitching

The metrics are fine. If you have a good swing the metrics back it up. The issue is how do you improve the metrics? Agree the drills aren’t very good.

The 3D swing is a good feature. It shows your swing path. Another thing that is good about it is it will edit each swing. I don’t have to do anything, each swing has it’s metric for that swing. Compared to when I first started where we had to video swings, then try to find the swing you liked. Then hook up the camera to a computer/laptop to get the video on the laptop.

Jan 23, 2021
Something about the grip looks funny..not sure if she lining up her big knuckles (which can be a problem) or death gripping it or both...

I missed that in my first viewing. It looks like the top hand is over rotated which could like be the cause of some bat and hand speed. You really need to be built like Mike Trout to have that kind of grip.

I will look up the definitions of the metrics and post I don’t see an issue with the attack angle but will verify against their metrics definition.

Jan 23, 2021
I wasn't able to load and see the other swing and it sounds like they might be different than the 1st one. Here is a drill where Haley is stopping at contact but not using her hands to TTB. She then TTB with her bat.

Can you explain TTB? That is not an abbreviation or term I am familiar with.

Jan 23, 2021
Links to metric definitions:

Jan 23, 2021
61bdf223ff6ee3c25afa22bc0531b288.jpg

Jan 23, 2021
If your local hitting instructor is not doing this, you may as well start burning hundred dollar bills.

Unsure of what you mean? If the local hitting instructor isn’t using social media money is being wasted?

My suggestion was to look up the metics to see is she was in the appropriate ranges for her age and it would likely be better to see a hitting instructor (hopefully in person to see and fix mechanics). There are a lot of keyboard coaches who give bad advice (not saying any of the advice provided in this thread was incorrect or damaging to her swing development).

My daughter uses video with her current hitting instructor. We are in California and the hitting instructor is in Texas. They communicate with video or by FaceTime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee