Negative attack angle

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2017
Recently purchased the motion blast sensor and have been playing around with it.

I’ve noticed my DD (10U) has a negative attack angle in most of her hits off the tee. In games and front toss, I see a mix of everything. Any idea what may be causing the negative angle? I don’t know enough to diagnose the issue. Posture, tilt, elbow slot, tee height? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Oct 2, 2017
Rear elbow is not being allowed to slot. Its basically chicken winging. Maybe she is being instructed to do that, to maintain elbow spacing or in order to prevent elbow drag.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
I’ve felt there was something going on with her rear elbow but couldn’t put a finger on it. As for the grip, I agree, something I remind her of often.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Trying to turn a big valve while it slides forward, versus keeping the hands back and turning the valve going all in.

Aka, hand sliding forward.

I actually like her swing besides the hands sliding forward.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

Looks like the barrel is lagging behind the hands to much. That’s what happens with the hands coming forward or sliding. The barrel can never past the hands, as this picture shows complete finish of the body, and the barrel is still lagging behind the hands.

Or, it’s just a picture. lol.

Edit, although if had the hands extending out a little more. We would have Lau Jr cover photo on his book.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802