Needing a new, custom catchers mitt. Thinking about getting a custom Marucci.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2014
I have one of these (jcv34 in blue black and white), just slightly used that I'm in the middle of relacing. Would make you a sweet deal on it. I would be slightly concerned that this is a 3 color glove and I know in lower sanctions that is technically illegal to use.

I also have one of their 34" models in brown and black. It's just a really plain brown color. NWT. Bought it on a deal and would pass the deal along. $125. Still stiff as a rock.

Back to the original post, I've been eyeing the new Marucci fielders gloves. I'm not sure who is designing them but they are very sweet and look very softball specific. I don't think I would hesitate on using a Marucci glove.

Apr 28, 2019
I just got out of practice from between lunch and heading to my next class at 4:00. I was using my custom Vinci catcher's mitt during catching and blocking drills today and was told by one of the coaches that I "need another glove. Preferably either regular tan leather or if I can get it, team color to match my catcher's equipment." I'm not exactly happy having to buy another glove...but...that's the price I have to pay to play college ball.

I started looking at other mitts online and I love my Vinci and it really does good for me. I've used it since my freshman year of high school when I first started playing the position. But I also remember it took at least 6 months or maybe even closer to a year to fully break that mitt in. So, I started looking at other mitts and found Marucci. I like that I can get a mitt custom made for me for $279. But I don't know what the break-in period is like for them or what other people's impressions have been of these gloves. If you guys have had daughters use Marucci stuff in the past, what have their impressions been like of their products? Were they hard to break-in?

Thanks, again!
Curious about Marucci myself. The Liberty Advanced is a quality mitt and you can get it for around $100 and it comes in many colors.

Apr 16, 2013
Can you not get a custom Vinci? @Drakemir should be able to help you out there. My DD's Vinci Optimus is not only a step above any catcher's mitt I've ever held, but more like a ladder above. She doesn't use any extra glove underneath. I can't even fathom not using a catcher's glove when using her Wilson baseball mitt. My hands are stinging just thinking about it.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Back to the original post, I've been eyeing the new Marucci fielders gloves. I'm not sure who is designing them but they are very sweet and look very softball specific. I don't think I would hesitate on using a Marucci glove.
Eric Walbridge aka the Glove Cowboy. Definitely one of the top glove designers in the business today! His Small Batch program when he was at Easton went over very well, some of the nicest gloves released in the last several years!

I fully expect him to do some great things at Marucci!

I have one of these (jcv34 in blue black and white), just slightly used that I'm in the middle of relacing. Would make you a sweet deal on it. I would be slightly concerned that this is a 3 color glove and I know in lower sanctions that is technically illegal to use.

I also have one of their 34" models in brown and black. It's just a really plain brown color. NWT. Bought it on a deal and would pass the deal along. $125. Still stiff as a rock.

Do you have any pictures of the brown and black one you could share?

Dec 11, 2010
Eric Walbridge aka the Glove Cowboy. Definitely one of the top glove designers in the business today! His Small Batch program when he was at Easton went over very well, some of the nicest gloves released in the last several years!

I fully expect him to do some great things at Marucci!

Interesting, when dd’s college was an Easton school and I thought her custom Eastons looked pretty nice.

If there is one here at the house I’ll throw up a pic.

Dec 11, 2010
That is a really nice looking glove. Is the “piping?” where your hand goes in bigger than usual or is it just the photo? I like the look of that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812