Need some GoPro assistance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2014
I just got a GoPro and I've filmed a couple of games with it and it's working well. I'm looking for some help with the "post-production" stuff. What's a good program to use for editing/taking clips out of it, converting to slow-mo, and such? Is the GoPro Studio any good? And what's a good video player? Windows media player doesn't do slow-mo. I've tried VLC, which is supposed to be the greatest player ever according to the on-line recommendations, and that is pretty cumbersome to watch in slo-mo and such. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good player?

Thanks.

Nov 1, 2008
I use the gopro studio software. I won't say it's the best available as I'm sure there are several out there, which cost money, that are likely much better. I use gopro studio for all my video editing. I use it to make highlight videos for some of the games (usually the wins) and post them on Facebook. I have also used it to make the end of the year highlight video for the sports banquet, as well as videos for girls to send to college coaches. You can zoom in, speed up, slow down, fade in or out, all kinds of stuff.

I tried VLC and WMP and neither of them were useful to me.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
The "best" is expensive. I use Adobe Premiere Pro, which requires a monthly service. You don't actually own the software, you just essentially rent it. But, you are able to only do month at a time, when you need it. So, if you only need it for the summer, you can get by for less than $100.

There is also Adobe Premiere Elements. This is a limited version of Pro. It is around $100, and you can generally find it cheaper if you look. It has many of the functions that the Pro version has, and will allow you to produce very good quality video (including slow motion, as you mentioned above).

I choose the Pro version mostly because they have a batch export process. I can generate my sequences and let them export back to back. For example, we had 2 ball games yesterday. I performed the sequence generate last night before bed and let the export run. Woke up this morning and am doing the upload to FaceBook now.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood