Need some advice/drills on correcting some mechanical flaws

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2019
Not sure how "long time ago" this really is. She's 9, it can be corrected. And might not take too long.

Well I just meant a long time ago as in, from the time we started working on pitching. But you are right, she's 9 and I have to remind myself of this many times.

I was working on her without the ball more last night and it definitely showed much improvement. I think I'll have her do this every day we practice as a warm up.

Apr 28, 2016
I’m it a pitching expert or guru as many here are, but I think the two issues are definitely related. When my DD finally fixed her posture to where her torso was angled away from home plate, it fixed sooo many things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2018
I’m it a pitching expert or guru as many here are, but I think the two issues are definitely related. When my DD finally fixed her posture to where her torso was angled away from home plate, it fixed sooo many things!

Rita Lynn Gilman calls it reverse posturing. My dd saw her in July and learning it really changed things. Not a fan of the rest of her tech especially how she teaches her whip but the reverse posturing was killer.

Apr 28, 2016
Rita Lynn Gilman calls it reverse posturing. My dd saw her in July and learning it really changed things. Not a fan of the rest of her tech especially how she teaches her whip but the reverse posturing was killer.

For my DD, it’s the difference between these two pictures.
2c1750bac8edcd17bbfd4c7843ea7974.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802