need help!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2008
Ok,so i'm 15 and i just gonit out of a very good basketball season,state finalists.anyways softball is about to start and i havn't hit a ball since last season,and i havn't thrown one either.and i would love to lose about 20 pounds!any drills or any advice on a diet or running i should do everyday?i would love any advice you could give me!THANX:)

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sounds like you are quite an athlete!

As to your weight, you've got things a little backwards. The first thing you do is decide how much you should weigh. Then, you decide how much weight you need to lose (or gain) to get there.

You should first talk to a health professional like a doctor or a school nurse to determine what your "goal weight" should be. Since you are young and an athlete, your goal weight may be different than for one of your friends who isn't as active as you. (Don't trust the various "weight charts" on the internet.)

After you decide what your goal weight should be (again, after talking to a doctor or a school nurse), then you can determine if you should lose some weight.

If everyone agrees that you should lose some weight, then you will need to (1) change what and how much you eat and (2) exercise differently. Some great web sites to help with weight loss and weight management are:

Spark People<BR>
Nutri Mirror<BR>
My Fitness Pal

I think those sites can help you get to and maintain the weight that is best for you.

Ray

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This is a young girl asking for assistance with weight management. I respect everyone here as to their softball expertise. However, weight loss for teenage girls is outside our area. If Kristen wants further assistance, I've give her some resources on the Internet. I've also directed her to her school nurse or doctor to set a goal weight and get more specific advice.

No other advice is probably wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802