Need help with daughter swing, either lunging or hitting all ground balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
He's providing his GIF services. He's nice like that.
That is funny! She needs to SNAP!

Seriously you can't get too much better than the Justin Stone video. The other guy with the 90 degree forearm rules is easy to understand and put hitters in very good position to hit. Do these first and everything else will fall into place.

May 12, 2016

Seriously you can't get too much better than the Justin Stone video. The other guy with the 90 degree forearm rules is easy to understand and put hitters in very good position to hit. Do these first and everything else will fall into place.
Who/what are you referring to here?

May 8, 2019

Thanks

May 8, 2019
View attachment 14487

To me it looks like she has been taught to drive the knob at the ball. Notice that in this pic her hands are ahead of the ball, and the bat head is still lagging back somewhere. This is not good.

No more 'knob to the ball' cues, and fence drills. These are killers.

Also notice that her front knee hasn't straightened, which means she's not using the front leg to finish rotating the hips. So, she has to push her arms at the ball. Notice her front bicep is way ahead of her torso.

I would do 3 things.
1) make sure she's using a box grip, not door knockers
2) stride 2-4 inches more using her back leg. Make sure she keeps her back heel on the ground until toe touch.
3) take practice swings from toe touch to hip slot where she takes her back elbow down and brings the bat head backwards toward the catcher in unison - a 1 for 1 match.

View attachment 14488

Then see where she is.
Don’t really understand #2

May 12, 2016
Don’t really understand #2
Stride with back leg (keep back heel on the ground) as you are moving forward, the back leg will straighten or come close to straightening at toe touch. Your DD cuts her stride a little short (bend in back leg)

I believe this is what he means.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Stride with back leg (keep back heel on the ground) as you are moving forward, the back leg will straighten or come close to straightening at toe touch. Your DD cuts her stride a little short (bend in back leg)

I believe this is what he means.

There is some extension in the back knee during the load, doesn't matter if you stand tall or squat. The straightening does take place. And then after the slight extension it flexes (back knee/leg).

May 8, 2019
Ride the back leg out. Don’t reach with the front leg.
See j. Stone video.

Stay at it. She’s got time. Looks like a hard swinger and when she gets in the proper sequence and hitting position, she will be good to go.
Thanks, we will get to working on it

Apr 11, 2019
Like others have said, she’s swinging from the top down. Her hands are leading her body. It should be hips, core, shoulders then barrel. Trust me on this, take her hands out of her swing right now while she’s young. It only gets harder as they get older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802