Need help with daughter swing, either lunging or hitting all ground balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Also curious about her age and years of playing. Does she take hitting lessons from a pro?

My daughter used to lunge. Badly. I know that experience well.

She still hits grounders more than I like, but does hit them hard usually. With her, it's rolling the wrists too early when she isn't concentrating.

May 8, 2019
Here’s the video link, see what y’all think or see if can help me with drills or ways to fix

May 8, 2019
Also curious about her age and years of playing. Does she take hitting lessons from a pro?

My daughter used to lunge. Badly. I know that experience well.

She still hits grounders more than I like, but does hit them hard usually. With her, it's rolling the wrists too early when she isn't concentrating.
She’s 12 and playing for 3 years, used to take lessons for a year but instructor left so just been doing our own work at home/cage and practice

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Based on what I'm seeing in the video, I would start by helping her understand what a good contact position looks and feels like. What I'm seeing is the intent to make contact WAY out in front, and the only way to get there is to push everything out over the front foot. Do her tee swings look similar?

May 8, 2019
Based on what I'm seeing in the video, I would start by helping her understand what a good contact position looks and feels like. What I'm seeing is the intent to make contact WAY out in front, and the only way to get there is to push everything out over the front foot. Do her tee swings look similar?
Tee work looks good to me very differ I’ll post that also

May 7, 2015
SoCal
to me her tee work looks awesome.. If her live swings look like the attached link, more than likely she's just not patient and is going after the ball too early. Work on just waiting via timing the launch correctly. If she gets to her tee swing when live against a pitcher, she'll be fine

edited to infer, tee not perfect (maybe back knee angle a little outside of the foot) but way different and better than live swing

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28