Need Bat Advice.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2016
I am looking to buy my DD a new bat. I plan on letting her finish the year with her current 2016 LXT 30/19 and buying this new bat to use in her true 12u season starting in the fall. I think it's time she takes the step up to 31 inches based on what have read for her height. My choices are...

Demarini CFX -11.

Rawlings Quatro Pro -10 I'm concerned going up an inch and 2 ounces is too big of a change.

Or just wait until the new Demarini CF 11 comes out (anyone have a release date?)

We both loved the LXT but we both grew tired of the sound and haven't been thrilled with the performance compared to team mates demarini bats. I want a dual stamp or else I would definitely buy the ghost. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
You don't like the sound of the LXT? OK...

The player's size, strength, and hitting style drives the bat selection. Is she smaller and quicker, or bigger and stronger? Does she do better with an end-loaded bat, or a more balanced one?

Did you think that the Demarini performed better than the LXT when your DD swung it, or when her team mates did?

If DD swung the team mate's Demarini better, then you may have your answer right there.

Has she swung the Ghost or Quatro? Why would you jump on that if she hasn't?

Don't chase brands and the latest, hottest thing unless you want to needlessly spend a bunch of money. Find her the bat that she can swing consistently and get base hits with. If she's had success with the LXT, I'm not sure why you would want to deviate much from that. I'll admit that I'm a bit partial to it because it fits my DD pretty well. She often hits the ball deep with it, but even more significantly, it is forgiving when not hitting the ball perfectly.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Did you think that the Demarini performed better than the LXT when your DD swung it, or when her team mates did?

I believe he said in his post they didn't like the performance of the LXT compared to when she was hitting the Demarini.

For me, you never know how a bat is unless you try it. How do you know one bat isn't better for you if you haven't hit it? If you just
use one bat and refuse to sample, you will never know if a better bat isn't out there.

I am not saying to run out and buy each bat. But I would encourage trying each bat. Whether a teammate has one or a store has demos to use or whatever.
Right now, you said you like the CF over the LXT, so you have a starting point.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I believe he said in his post they didn't like the performance of the LXT compared to when she was hitting the Demarini

Perhaps that's what he means, but I wasn't sure that's what was said. I'm all for trying new things, but I see LOTS of bats for sale by dads who spent $300+ only to discover that DD couldn't hit with it or latched onto something else soon after.

Most parents never played ball past their youth, and don't even know what size & weight their kid should swing. Younger kids usually can't say definitively which bat really works better for them, but they know what their friends swing. Leaving it up to them may not yield the correct answer.

"Performance" can mean different things to different people. To some, it's about distance. To others, it's consistency and control. Do you want a deep ball and then maybe a strike-out, or would you like two line-drives? Ultimately, what is more valuable?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Agreed...that's why I am a fan of trying them out. All the bats are out there, have to be able to find someone/teammate/friend to try one out.

I just don't like trying one bat and never experimenting. You never know what may be hiding out there better for you. And if not, that's great as well, means you
have the right one.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I am looking to buy my DD a new bat. I plan on letting her finish the year with her current 2016 LXT 30/19 and buying this new bat to use in her true 12u season starting in the fall. I think it's time she takes the step up to 31 inches based on what have read for her height. My choices are...

Demarini CFX -11.

Rawlings Quatro Pro -10 I'm concerned going up an inch and 2 ounces is too big of a change.

Or just wait until the new Demarini CF 11 comes out (anyone have a release date?)

We both loved the LXT but we both grew tired of the sound and haven't been thrilled with the performance compared to team mates demarini bats. I want a dual stamp or else I would definitely buy the ghost. Thanks in advance!

Something to consider about the Q-Pro...

The weight of a 30/19 LXT is probably very close to 20oz, not 19. The Q-Pro seems to be coming in pretty close to sticker weight, so you're talking about closer to a 1oz jump, not 2.

Nov 25, 2016
I would love for her to demo. The only problem is Dicks is the only retailer around and they don't carry those bats, if they do they aren't in the sizes she would need. She has swung her teammates CF10 and likes it.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I just ordered a girl on dd's team the Quatro pro from core.... It's probably the hottest bat I've ever seen right out of the wrapper.
I used it to hit fly balls to try to break it in for her... Holy Crap!!!
Its a good balanced bat... the 2018 regular quatro is more end loaded

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That is very correct. QPro is way more balanced and on weight than prior Quatros.

Glad you like the Qpro...I was hoping the new tech would really make this bat a household name. Have gotten good feedback so far. Of course, I have
had some of the "sound is weird" type thing...but other than that, been pretty good :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I would love for her to demo. The only problem is Dicks is the only retailer around and they don't carry those bats, if they do they aren't in the sizes she would need. She has swung her teammates CF10 and likes it.

I gotcha...that is the toughest part. That's why I mention more about teammates/friends or whatever. Most "demo" bats for stores just find their way onto ebay or
wherever else...haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802