Need Bat advice Please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 15, 2014
Need some advice on what bat to possibly try next for my DD. She is 10, pretty small (4'5 75lbs) but takes a mean rip at the plate. She is a bat destroyer I guess, had a CF6 she busted in March, bought her a CF8 to replace that one...it shattered after about 2 months...DeMarini sent us a CF9 for the warranty replacement...well the CF9 cracked last night at her hitting lesson. None of these bats have seen cage balls... I'm at a lose as to what to do, she loves the DeMarini (had a Easton FS3 before switching) but I cannot afford to keep pumping out $250-300 every couple months. She swings a 29-18 right now.

What would be our best option to try? LS, Rawlings, etc.? or would a -10 Demarini be more sturdy??Price isn't an issue, just want a bat that won't fall apart on us about the time she gets them good and broken in.

Jun 12, 2015
We had a CF8 30/19 that cracked after a few months. We requested a 30/20 and so far, so good. I have not seen nearly as many stories of the -10s cracking as the -11s. Those seem to be especially fragile. I wonder if you called Demarini if they would work with you. That's just crazy. A bat that costs that much should last longer than 2 months. I tried to get her to switch to a Xeno or Easton but she refuses.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
It's the Indian not the Arrow is a popular phrase when considering bats. I also think Indians have their favorite Arrow and that makes them better. Confidence is a crazy thing in this game. Suggestion is to use a few bats of teammates/friends and see which one she loves. That's the one you go get.

Dec 11, 2010
If it was my kid and the kid hits that well with a Demarini and wants to swing a Demarini then she gets a Demarini. As far as another brand, Demarini does not have a reputation for being fragile bats. Might try an LXT if she wants to, should swing pretty similar.

Having a bat breaker for a kid is a good problem to have. Roll with it.

Easiest is to have two new bats in bag with warranty of the size she is using and when she breaks one it immediately goes in for warranty.

You are going to have to become a good bat shopper. It's not like CF's are rare. Search Craig's List, local Facebook swap sites, Softballfans and EBay for bats her size. Bad thing is if you don't get a used bat with receipt/warranty and she breaks it, it's just gone.

Eventually a combination of the above two will result in an affordable stockpile of 2-3 bats so she always has a backup. You'll get good at planning bat size changes and if a length change is coming soon when you warranty a bat get the next size bigger. Most companies are good about sending you whatever size you request.

Never, ever pay full retail unless you are really in a bind.

May 12, 2016
Doesn't sound good. I was just about to go out and purchase a new CF 8 -11 for my daughter. Now I am hearing about durability issues for these bats. I want to get the 31/20 because she had a Mako and 2Legit in 31/21, but they seemed a little heavy for her. She also wants a Demarini. Now I am in a bind

Sep 22, 2015
I'd say that's the nature of -11 bats, to a degree. My daughter is 7 and has swung the CF8 for about a year, no issues. I have 12 girls on my team swinging -11 LXT's and CF's, no problems...yet. I think you would have better longevity by moving to -10 CF if she is a -11 bat buster. If she can generate that kind of bat speed, I can see her easily transitioning to a slightly heavier bat with excellent results.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2014
Doesn't sound good. I was just about to go out and purchase a new CF 8 -11 for my daughter. Now I am hearing about durability issues for these bats. I want to get the 31/20 because she had a Mako and 2Legit in 31/21, but they seemed a little heavy for her. She also wants a Demarini. Now I am in a bind

I would not be afraid to get the Demarini 31/21 I think Demarini's usually run light and feel even lighter, my daughter had hers for over 2 years before I basically twisted her arm into letting me move her up to a 32/22

May 12, 2016
Will I ended up purchasing the Demarini CF8 31/20... it was not a mistake. This is the hottest bat my daughter ever put in her hands. In her provincial (provinces up here in Canada, :)) "A" 12u championships she hit so many hard hit balls including a bomb 200ft into a stiff wind and was named the MVP. As they continue to go down in price I will be purchasing another CF8, maybe a 32/21. Fantastic bat!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478