Need advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2021
DD's team is a hot mess. People are leaving, coach doesnt really coach, and the errors are horrible. I know they happen but this is 2nd year 16u, suppose to be high level college exposure team with a very reputable organization. We shouldnt be having 7 errors a game from the same few people. I need honest help. Is Junior year to important to try and stick it out, should we find another team now or wait until fall season is done? DD is a pitcher and the errors are fustrating her. Yes, she strikes people out but also produces ground balls and those are the errors....routine ground balls. They either get over thrown to 1st or go between the legs. We've never left a team until after season so it's hard to do.
Please any advice is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

May 20, 2016
Assuming she is unhappy, yes might as well move. Not sure your area or length of fall season but may not be the worst idea to just stick out the fall then make a change.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
If she is a good pitcher she will have plenty of options. Seven errors a game is not acceptable in 10u.
When and WHY did you join this team in the first place?
Reputable organization????
You might consider contacting head of org. But that probably won't get you any answers. Maybe some promises.
I use to think that Org. Heads wouldn't want crappy teams wearing their uniforms but realized they really don't care as long as they get their check.
I would be moving on, learn from your mistakes and carefully choose her next team. Ask questions. Evaluate the team and coach. Guest play. Good pitchers don't grow on trees.

Aug 20, 2021
If she is a good pitcher she will have plenty of options. Seven errors a game is not acceptable in 10u.
When and WHY did you join this team in the first place?
Reputable organization????
You might consider contacting head of org. But that probably won't get you any answers. Maybe some promises.
I use to think that Org. Heads wouldn't want crappy teams wearing their uniforms but realized they really don't care as long as they get their check.
I would be moving on, learn from your mistakes and carefully choose her next team. Ask questions. Evaluate the team and coach. Guest play. Good pitchers don't grow on trees.
We joined this fall on a recommendation. The coach had a good team last season and there was alot of talent at the tryout we attended so we thought it would be good.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Is Junior year to important to try and stick it out, should we find another team now or wait until fall season is done?
You are paying to play on this team. If it doesn't meet your expectations, move on. Wait until after the fall season.

She needs to find a good team. Her summer after her junior year is the most important year if she wants to play in college.

Don't beat yourself up over this...mistakes happen. Find another team, wish your current coach the best, and move on.

Jun 20, 2015
did all the talent at tryout receive and accept offers and now on the team??? I think not. almost impossible to be competitive and win games with 7 errors.

Nov 15, 2019
The kind of team you want to be on doesn’t have tryouts at 16u. Move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are plenty of true A level 16u teams in the Midwest that have tryouts.
If her DD wanted to go to a Power 5 school, then yes, teams like Bandits and Chill don't have tryouts, but I do remember seeing at least 1 IMG team having them. But plenty other competitive A teams do. I guess it depends on where in the Midwest she's at.

Dec 6, 2019
Move ASAP so you can play with the team some this fall and find out if it will be a good fit for next summer. Don't wait until after the fall season.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Stick it out for the fall. It's almost over. Do your homework on the teams you would consider and then make contact with those coaches so they can watch her play on her HS team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802