NCAA Softball Pool

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Want to prove that your the ace of aces at college softball? Do you want bragging rights on DiscussFastpitch.com? Do you want to prove that X-Pitcher is actually the evil villain from the next blockbuster, "X-Men: Rise of the Green Ball"?

If so, here is your chance. Please, please follow these instructions *CAREFULLY*...

Send me an email divided up as follows. *PLEASE USE HEADERS*

• Winners of regionals (there will be sixteen teams)
  • Winners of sectionals (there will be 8 teams....these are the teams going to the CWS)
  • Teams in the last game before the championship series. (There will be FOUR teams. There are two four-team double elimination mini-tournaments. There is a "last" game in each double-elimination bracket. I want the teams in that last game of the mini-tournament. The winners of these mini-tournaments play in the championship game.)
  • Teams in championship series (there will be two teams)
  • Championship winner
  • And, the total number of runs which will be scored during the championship game.

Each round will have 16 points, evenly divided between the selection. (So, first round is 1 point per correct team, second round is two points per correct team, third round is four points per team, etc.)

By noon, May 17, email your entry to: sluggersncaapool@gmail.com

If you win you will get the most sought after thing in the world: Your very own thread started by *ME* which says, "You know more about college softball than me!" What more could any Crazy Daddy/Mommy in the world want?

Link to NCAA D1 Bracket

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My own thoughts on the brackets:

So:

1) Oklahoma wins bracket. (Airport greeter: Welcome, Arkansas, Fordham and Marist to the NCAA tourney! No, don't bother unpacking. In fact, why not leave your luggage on the plane?)
2) Baylor over Texas A&M.
3) LSU
4) Michigan...California is the only real competition, and they are slumping.
5) Arizona State--the only question is whether ASU will hit more homers than the other team will score runs.
6) Notre Dame over Kenutcky...and I'm not even a Golden Domer...
7) Florida State...
8) Texas...Here is the little surprise you step in when walking through a field duck hunting. Someone really wants Texas in the CWS.
9) Oregon...but Wisconsin is playing well right now. There could be a big upset...
10) Stanford over Nebraska in a "so what" upset.
11) Washington
12) Missouri. Chelsea might have enough just gas to carry the team through the regionals...
13) Tennessee
14) Alabama
15) UCLA
16) Florida

Game most likely to go 5 innings: Florida v. Hampton (30-23)

Oct 14, 2008
4) Michigan...California is the only real competition, and they are slumping.

Im hoping that is exactly what mich thinks on friday night when Valpo plays them..... Mich beat Valpo by one run in the bottom of the 7th last time we played...... maybe they will over look us again

Oct 14, 2008
Well they wernt looking past us lol, Fantastic speed and power all the way around. Both Mich and Cal are fun to watch on tv but to truly appreciate speed you have to see it in person

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee