Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

NCAA Approved Bat List - No Freak

Jan 3, 2014
Who'd have thought the Miken Freak Black wouldn't be on the list? College Freshman DD has been swinging one since Fall. The team is about to head to FLA for Spring ball and just learned she can't use her favorite bat.

What's the closest thing nowadays to the Freak Black? I feel an early birthday present coming.

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
Not a bat expert ... but if I am looking at the right one, a quick Google search shows it is not USA (ASA) stamped, just USSSA stamped. Then again, my search also says it is a slow pitch bat. So I am probably wrong.

Jan 3, 2014
This is a Freak Black from the a couple years ago when they were still in the FP game. Just looking for advice from anybody that might know a current bat that's close-ish to the Freak Black that's all. We know it's not legal for NCAA play.

Jul 31, 2013
Ordered one from Core. It's been a while since I've bought a bat. Same good service. Same good price.
Talk of Core's customer service always makes me smile. We experienced it first hand as well. It is a breath of fresh air in this industry.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tactical Coach