Names on Uniforms

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Org we play with does not - but they do have grad years on them. DD joined an org back in March and the company they get jerseys from was very slow so she wore a pick up jersey the entire spring season :/

Picked-up with another team during the summer (big org also) and no names.

Played a tourney last weekend where I did actually see names on jerseys for one team. First time I've noticed it in TB.

May 6, 2015
with name is norm around here, even in rec (which I think is absurd). I get the playing for the name on the front, but at some point, isnt TB to get your DD noticed by college coaches? seems to me that once you are that point, name belongs on the jersey, or at least one of the jerseys.

really like the grad year thing as well. think as DD gets older I will add this to both her helmets as well (they already have her jersey number)

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
In rec we always had names - but it was always just nicknames.

We don't have names in high school either. And for JV they didn't get to even pick their number - it was just which jersey fit.

Nov 29, 2009
What I have seen a couple of times is girls wearing a bright neon colored tee shirt with their name an number on it. Hard to miss them on the field among all the other players.

Jul 14, 2018
Update: parents of the girls who are attending this upcoming camp decided to put the girls names on last year's uniforms. A decent compromise, IMHO.

Feb 3, 2016
We aren't an affiliated organization but an independent team. I would've loved to put names on the jerseys but the uniform design I came up with wouldn't allow for that.
Team name and number only.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802