Names on Uniforms

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
Just a quick poll -- do most of your orgs have player names on the uniforms? DD plays for a large org and none of their teams wear uniforms with player names on the back.

DD is attending a prospect camp in a few weeks, and the email requested that the players wear shirts with their name and number. I feel like it's probably a good thing to wear her travel team uniform as it's a recognizable name in our area, but I understand that college coaches with a room full of strangers would benefit from seeing names.

I was going to bring it up with DD's coach, but I don't want to sound like a Rec parent who wants a souvenir from little Suzy's travel team. So what's the consensus: names on travel unis important or bush league?

On a related note, we saw a team a few weeks ago that had names on their jerseys, as well as their grad year on the sleeve. Thought that was cool...

Apr 17, 2019
Our org does names and numbers. Keeping track of available numbers is a headache, so can see why orgs would choose not to.
You could probably go rogue and have a jersey printed with her name and number on it if you know which company supplied the jerseys.

Apr 1, 2017
Our org does name and number. In the few years my daughters have done TB, I honestly don't remember playing a team that didn't have names, but I'm sure there have been and I just didn't notice it.

May 6, 2015
Get a org T-shirt and take it to a local shop and have them put her name and number on it.
even cheaper option, piece of 3 inch wide athletic tape affixed on back of jersey above number, write name on it with thick magic marker. easily enough removed for next team function.

Mar 26, 2019
Central Ohio
We do last name and number. We are first year 14U team. If someone locally has a Cricut machine, you can ask them to add the last name to her jersey with iron on vinyl or a local business that does it. I added my DD's name and number to the back of a couple of her hoodies along the way, using my Cricut machine. Good luck!

Jun 8, 2016
DD's org has names on jerseys for all ages (8U-18U) Starting at 14U they also put their graduation year on the sleeve.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
We do not and we are with a very large national org that does not allow it for any of their teams. Don't do grad years either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802