Name and Number on Lineup Card

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2019
As the umpire I would have called attention to the mistakes and asked they be corrected before accepting them. Easy fixes, preventative officiating. (esp. the pitcher and catcher identifications for courtesy runner purposes)

And I would not like it if you waited until the third inning to complain about something that you were handed at the beginning of the game. If it didn't bother you earlier then it shouldn't bother you just because she hit a double.

Jan 27, 2019
I am sorry, I thought this was a rules thread not a personal opinion thread. My mistake.

It is a rules thread, and I said that I would have addressed the issue when I handed the card back to him to confirm, before I accepted it as official. But it is not uncommon for a coach to ignore a situation until his team the situation hurts his team. Just seems disingenuous. Would you have argued against this girl's entry in the lineup is she struck out?

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
I love lineups with just nicknames. No numbers, no last names.

1. HotWheelz
2. Scoots
3. Bam Bam
4. Meat
5. Double Meat
6. Trouble
7. Lefty
8. Smalls
9. Squirt

Jul 4, 2018
It is a rules thread, and I said that I would have addressed the issue when I handed the card back to him to confirm, before I accepted it as official. But it is not uncommon for a coach to ignore a situation until his team the situation hurts his team. Just seems disingenuous. Would you have argued against this girl's entry in the lineup is she struck out?
LOL, I wasn't really replying to you, your message posted as I was posting a reply. No we absolutely used it as an advantage to us, and I am not really going to defend it. If I had a dime for everything a coach complains about that isn't a rule I could pay for a new Ghost. Same tournament a coach complained about our pitchers glove being 2 toned after she struck out his first batter, no biggie, he didn't know the rule. An ump told me that the game before us a team came to bat, in the 6th inning, using the same girl in the lineup that had been the first batter in the previous inning, coincidentally the leadoff batter in his lineup.
I know the coach of the team that forgot the number, he is a good coach, a paid coach, a good dude. I know he didn't do it purposely. My question was what is the rule? I don't know, but it seems to me that name is useless. Most players on other teams, I do not know their names, and many don't have the name of the girl. I do know that they had numbers on their jerseys. If Sally Johnson is on the lineup card and no number, I don't know which of the players on his bench is Sally Johnson. I may not remember which girl is Sally Johnson but I will remember the number on the back of her Jersey

Sep 29, 2014
My thing is when the first batter gets up how does whoever is keeping score for you not notice and I would notice the P thing right away thats kinda important. Just look at the girls uniform does it look brand new like she just came off the bus or does it look like she played a days worth of games in it as long as you are sure she was actually part of the team and not a ringer and you decided to let it go in the first place then no do overs just suck it up buttercup and play the game.

I'm sure ultimately a TD could enforce whatever he wanted but the lineup card should be complete, now the question becomes what is the penalty. As long as the girls actually bat in order and substitutions are made correctly I don't think anything can be argued but I could be wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802