My kid got a shout out in the local prep sports section today!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
I know, I know there are a lot of amazing players here. This really isn't that big of a deal...but it was kind of cool to see DD's pic on the main page of our local prep sports column.

She is the only freshman (no sophomores) on the HS Varsity team...and they are headed to state! WooHoo. She currently has the 2nd highest batting average on the team behind an AMAZING senior with lightning fast speed and her coach said " (DD) has been nothing but a positive force for us, and a source of joy and refreshment as a freshman".

She has always been a hard worker but she is quiet and little and lefty so she often gets glanced over. Her coach has a running joke that she has no "swag". So... it's nice for her to see that someone has noticed her! :)

Nov 18, 2013
No recognition is too small to be proud over. I was pleased as punch whenever DD was mentioned in our little local newsletter.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
The first time my DD got some ink, you'd have thought she'd won the lotto!! lol
We bought a whole stack of papers to pass out to family ;)

CONGRATS & good luck in the tournament

Apr 26, 2015
LOL - HS Twitter feed today (from the school) reads...

"Just awesome! Seriously! Who is XXX XXX (DD)? Oh she's just our "under the radar" FRESHMAN who is tearing it up...that's who she is! Watch out now!"

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Way cool & congrats, huge props to your DD for making an impact on that team! "Under the radar" describes our entire program while you guys have all the local paparazzi following your team around! ;-) Good luck tomorrow, I'll look for you at the park. Our first game is at 12:15 and we're in "stealth attack mode"...hahaha, first time our school's softball program has been to State in quite a few years!

Apr 26, 2015
Way cool & congrats, huge props to your DD for making an impact on that team! "Under the radar" describes our entire program while you guys have all the local paparazzi following your team around! ;-) Good luck tomorrow, I'll look for you at the park. Our first game is at 12:15 and we're in "stealth attack mode"...hahaha, first time our school's softball program has been to State in quite a few years!

Congrats to you too! Super exciting!

It’s funny because I feel like DD’s school has been kind of forgotten. All the HR/Aurora schools (and stupid Fossil - eye roll) have been getting the press. But DD’s school has been stealthily chugging along. They aren’t a power hitting team but they get the job done. We play at 12:15 too! Super exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28