My heart goes out to a fallen player in another county.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I would have posted this earlier, but I was away from home and didn't have my laptop PC with me to post from our hotel room. I was away in Lancaster County, PA shopping with my mom and 16 y/o sister who's still recovering from her broken leg. We were watching the news and I saw a segment they had on about an 18 y/o girl who lost her life in a car crash. I had the honor of sharing the softball field with her as an opponent last summer playing on an 18U travel team. She was really, really good and was a fellow catcher to boot. We got to know each other a little from talking while awaiting our turn at the ice cream stand at the tournament we were playing at and it being in the low 90's with high humidity. We became friends over social media and we were looking forward to our teams locking up in a tournament over the summer but really just looking forward to hanging out a little and getting to know each other better.

My heart and prayers go out to her family, her classmates who she was about to graduate with, her high school teammates who she played with, her travel team and her community.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
RIP. 18 is way too young.

I cried when I saw that on the news. Her team was from a couple of counties over from where we were staying but still in the same broadcast area as where we were staying (we wouldn't see this on our home news). She played with a couple of her best friends on her team. I plan on hugging them and telling them how sorry I am when my team and I play them in our opening tournament in June for my final travel ball season before heading off to college.

Mar 13, 2010
I remember being your age and losing a friend. The pain will always be there. I coached a girl who died at 17 and even thinking of her now has me choked up.

I know you two weren’t close but do reach out to your family and friends to talk. It does help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28