My first Skills video with Drone Shot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2015
I'll be frank, way too many cuts, makes me a bit nauseous to watch. The drone shot is cool, but it made the player look slower than the low level shots.

Oct 5, 2015
I agree it was a bit too much back and forth. I was asking myself if she hit. My initial reaction was that she must not be a strong hitter if it is not featured. I understand showing pitching initially if she is a pitcher but I see little value in showing OF play (drone notwithstanding) if there is no hitting.

Sep 29, 2014
Yeah way to many back and forths....but the drone shot is cool I would think you would want to show it with her chasing down fly balls in the gap to show the ground she is covering. Also having her on an adult slow pitch diamond is doing her a disservice it makes it look like she can barely throw it in from the edge of the infield but that's really normal depth outfield.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Way, way too many shots. I need some shots after this. :)

Need a zoom lens. One of two always looks like an ant.

'the 4 minute mark'. There's your sign that it's way, way too long.

You need to show how she is better than other players with each shot.

Last edited:

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Yea I actually wanted to cut this down to the two and half min mark. I traditionally dont do 4 plus mins. With the back and fourth shots its basically to show mechanics, All the shots are different and no duplicates are ever made. She is a strong hitter, however wanted to get to the fielding stuff a bit quicker. Drone shot was different . Girls kinda freaked out with the buzzing sound.

Apr 16, 2013
I like the drone shot overhead that shows how hard the ball was hit and to where. When I watch those professional skills videos I just shake my head when all I see is the girl running and catching a ball, filmed 20 feet from her. I personally want to see the whole play. Just my personal preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802