My Favorite thing to talk about?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Just to be nice, colleagues at work or other acquaintances will sometimes ask about my DD and how her softball is going. That's all the opening I need. 20 minutes later they are blankly staring at me as I continue my monologue of unwanted insights about recent tournaments or pitching mechanics. I almost feel bad about it...

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
DD's JH/HS coaches run a weekly "open field" for any girls going into 7th or 8th grades. It's every Tuesday night during June and July. Parents don't have to stay (it's almost 2-hours long), but there is always a group of Dads who hang out in the stands. We basically talk softball for a couple hours while we watch our DD's go through reps. It's great.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD's JH/HS coaches run a weekly "open field" for any girls going into 7th or 8th grades. It's every Tuesday night during June and July. Parents don't have to stay (it's almost 2-hours long), but there is always a group of Dads who hang out in the stands. We basically talk softball for a couple hours while we watch our DD's go through reps. It's great.
That was one of the main reasons I would go to DD's practices until she got a car and they practiced 4-7pm in the 100 degree heat in the summers. Fall ball was my thing.

May 6, 2015
Just to be nice, colleagues at work or other acquaintances will sometimes ask about my DD and how her softball is going. That's all the opening I need. 20 minutes later they are blankly staring at me as I continue my monologue of unwanted insights about recent tournaments or pitching mechanics. I almost feel bad about it...
sounds like me, but add in field hockey and swimming as well.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Before my DDs ever played any softball I used to sit near a quality assurance guy in the avionics repair lab that I worked at. He coached softball and that's all he would talk about. The rest of us would listen politely, but we all thought he was crazy. Some were convinced he had to be a pedophile. What kind of weirdo travels all around the country with teenage girls who play softball?

*Raises hand*

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Before my DDs ever played any softball I used to sit near a quality assurance guy in the avionics repair lab that I worked at. He coached softball and that's all he would talk about. The rest of us would listen politely, but we all thought he was crazy. Some were convinced he had to be a pedophile. What kind of weirdo travels all around the country with teenage girls who play softball?

*Raises hand*
When DD was 1 yr old I had a client who's kid was playing TB, and I even have a 2nd place trophy from one of their golf tourney fundraisers. I called him one day and he sounded excited. I asked what is going on? I am in Colorado at the Fireworks and my kid just hit a bomb with Jo Evans from A&M watching. I thought to myself, that sounds cool...I guess.

She went on to play for the Agiies for 2 years then transferred to Sam Houston. Her first year there was the year they went to the WCWS and John Kruk was interviewing him as he and the Aggie parents were tailgating behind his big rear Sprinter van. Wow that IS cool! The dad played baseball for the Aggies and after graduation went on to play high level Men's Fastpitch with and against Bill Hillhouse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse