My Favorite thing to talk about?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I ordered a new desk for my home office from Office Depot and the delivery guy shows up with the goods. I have no idea how it happens, but we got talkin' about my favorite thing...besides my other favorite thingWidespread Panic. Softball!!! He was talking about his kid going to a workout last night with a known program. And you know me....I just can't help myself. I had him in my grips and I knew he was gonna be late to his delivery. He never saw that coming! We discussed the TB landscape, coaches, my DD, recruiting, tryouts, teams, etc. I even busted out my recruiting postcards to show him. What a small world we live in. Any chance I get...

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
That's funny! DD often practices hitting or pitching in the front driveway (one of our only actual level surfaces at home). UPS pulls up to drop off a package and sees her pitching. We ended up talking about pitching for 15-20 minutes as his daughter (now graduated) had pitched during her time in softball. He finally checked his watch and had an "oops!" moment as he realized he had to get moving again.

DW gets tired listening to me talk about softball. Heck, so does DD. So its DFP and whoever else will listen! Luckily, there are a couple other pitcher Dad's that love to talk about it as well. What often should be a quick "Hello, how are you?" turns into 20-30 minutes of talking softball. Or very lengthy conversations over text.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
When I was coaching and doing the college recruiting, DD would sit in the truck fuming as I chatted up kids and parents on the way out of the complex. Heck, I talk on the phone with a few dads hours at a time. It's better than working.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I ordered a new desk for my home office from Office Depot and the delivery guy shows up with the goods. I have no idea how it happens, but we got talkin' about my favorite thing...besides my other favorite thingWidespread Panic. Softball!!! He was talking about his kid going to a workout last night with a known program. And you know me....I just can't help myself. I had him in my grips and I knew he was gonna be late to his delivery. He never saw that coming! We discussed the TB landscape, coaches, my DD, recruiting, tryouts, teams, etc. I even busted out my recruiting postcards to show him. What a small world we live in. Any chance I get...
That’s hilarious, my UPS driver used to “call me when he had a box for me!” His son played D2 baseball, and me and him played softball together 30 years ago, he was a serious baller!

He would call me and say “ how many gloves does your daughter need?” And I’ll be at so and so at noon, meet me there! ;)

So I meet him, open up the new glove and hand it to him, watch him shake his head, then ask him how his son is doing? Next thing you we’ve been talking for an hour, never fails!

Us dad’s need these people in our lives! Great topic!

Jun 8, 2016
I flipped off a UPS driver the other day when he cut me off..does that count as conversing with one?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
In my business you can count on dad's having DD's playing softball. I'm in the Safety industry and the people I call on work in Construction, Oil & Gas, Industrial sectors. I think Softball is a working man's/women's sport for our kids.

I just spent an hour talking to a dad who is college computer professor (DD's former teammate) for an hour talking about the upcoming season and his DD's goal of getting All American accolades this coming year, and all the goings on in the TB and Olympic world. He says, your are not gonna believe this. Him and his DD went to a pitching lesson earlier this morning and the pitching coach was on the phone. He sits down on a bucket next to him and says he was just talking to Cat. Osterman? Yes! LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802